• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Maybe Wes' dad could boost his allowance and funnel it through the AD.

Actually sent an email about an hour ago asking if they'll make any kind of announcement if he's retained. Not going off of anything concrete, just want to get a sense of whether we'll get an announcement regardless or if it's a different situation from last year.

And no response?

And no response?

Nothing.

Only got answers on: we'll have a conference call with Clawson tomorrow afternoon; and the Wake Basketball Twitter account's inane trivia today isn't a reflection that the program is progressing as normal and without a change.

announcing a coach is coming back two straight off seasons would be unusual, announcing it after coming in DFL when the coach was already on the hot seat would be crazy. What little fans we have left would lose their minds. If Manning is coming back, I think they say nothing and then use the corona virus as an excuse for status quo.

announcing a coach is coming back two straight off seasons would be unusual, announcing it after coming in DFL when the coach was already on the hot seat would be crazy. What little fans we have left would lose their minds. If Manning is coming back, I think they say nothing and then use the corona virus as an excuse for status quo.

While I agree, this just highlights the absurdity of that day last year.

Do it one year, fail to show any semblance of significant progress ... an announcement is going to be expected, staying or going.

Nothing.

Only got answers on: we'll have a conference call with Clawson tomorrow afternoon; and the Wake Basketball Twitter account's inane trivia today isn't a reflection that the program is progressing as normal and without a change.

So...you're telling me there's a chance!!!!

Nothing.

Funny how they can ignore you until they want something in the paper. Thanks for at least asking

The optimist in me hopes Conor isn’t hearing back because the situation isn’t fully resolved yet. Meaning that the final paint touches are being put on the buyout

I am not sure what the holdup is, but there does seem to be one (whether it is in the timing of the announcement or some other delay) . Perhaps the virus thing is more impactful than we thought, although I have not gotten any word that the deal is off now.

I am not sure what the holdup is, but there does seem to be one (whether it is in the timing of the announcement or some other delay) . Perhaps the virus thing is more impactful than we thought, although I have not gotten any word that the deal is off now.

#realnews

"Deal" as in buyout deal, or deal as in potential new hire deal details that may not be totally ironed out? Just hoping for a little further clarification, but we certainly appreciate the update!

I would hope we already have a candidate lined up knowing we've wanted to proceed with termination for a good while, but I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

The buyout deal needs to get wrapped up licketty-split so we can get moving towards hiring one of the better coaching candidates available. Time is of essence for the program. Hope TPTB realize that this time around.

I think we need to come to grips with the fact that Manning isn't going anywhere. Other schools have announced they are firing their coaches, so any Coronavirus based excuses don't hold water. I also don't buy that the buyout would still be ongoing. There wouldn't be too many details to iron out. Manning has a contract. His buyout is set. The only negotiations would be about how and when he gets paid (e.g. would he take a smaller total dollar payout if cut him one big check now vs. spreading it over the life of his contract). That shouldn't take this long to iron out.

Our season has been over for almost a week. Let's face it, we were slapped in the face last year by Wellman. Currie is spitting in our faces this year.

I've heard from a couple of places today that there will be a nationwide shelter in home order for 30 days coming down in the next couple of days.

I think we need to come to grips with the fact that Manning isn't going anywhere. Other schools have announced they are firing their coaches, so any Coronavirus based excuses don't hold water. I also don't buy that the buyout would still be ongoing. There wouldn't be too many details to iron out. Manning has a contract. His buyout is set. The only negotiations would be about how and when he gets paid (e.g. would he take a smaller total dollar payout if cut him one big check now vs. spreading it over the life of his contract). That shouldn't take this long to iron out.

Our season has been over for almost a week. Let's face it, we were slapped in the face last year by Wellman. Currie is spitting in our faces this year.

Have we heard any P6 schools announce a firing? Because a lot of the schools that announced firings have had 2 weeks of time away from basketball. All non P6 teams had their basketball tournaments a week before, so they had time to inform players in person.

Correct me if I’m wrong. If i’m right, I think it’s a big deal to have the players informed on what’s going on and doing it in the proper way.

The virus is a real problem for our nation to deal with but it doesn’t change the fact that we need to change basketball coaches. We have multiple credible sources, including SportsNut, who have indicated that the funds are available and school leadership has approved the termination. I have yet to see any of our doomsayers present one shred of evidence to back their claims that he will be retained. If he is retained we should all go off, but for now stay positive and trust SportsNut, DG, Les, and Conor.

I've heard from a couple of places today that there will be a nationwide shelter in home order for 30 days coming down in the next couple of days.

Not that he can't change his mind, that's not anywhere what was said today in the press conference.

The virus is a real problem for our nation to deal with but it doesn’t change the fact that we need to change basketball coaches. We have multiple credible sources, including SportsNut, who have indicated that the funds are available and school leadership has approved the termination. I have yet to see any of our doomsayers present one shred of evidence to back their claims that he will be retained. If he is retained we should all go off, but for now stay positive and trust SportsNut, DG, Les, and Conor.

if this is the case then I am tired of waiting. grow some dam balls and fire the coach and hire one of the top 4 available coaches. this is dragging on and on and on...its ridiculous.

Back