• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Just have DeaconSports Twitter notis on. Fastest retweeter in the game.

Done with scheduled work meetings for the day and ready to refresh this thread for a while

nice day outside
not considering every other fucking thing going on in the world right now
other than that, perfect weather

No, it wasn’t. People around the program have been told or are being told the decision today. The AD is keeping this quiet, there’s not much being leaked to tell other than that.

So if you know someone who has been told something, what were they told?

No, it wasn’t. People around the program have been told or are being told the decision today. The AD is keeping this quiet, there’s not much being leaked to tell other than that.

They’re not guarding the secret cure to Coronavirus. They’re firing a completely incompetent basketball coach of a program no one cares about right now. Get on with it. For fuck’s sake.

I don't fully understand this take. I get that it's a tough time for them because the coach is like family to them. But the idea that anyone is directing disgust toward the players is just dumb. We want what's best for the players. It breaks my heart to see a good kid play his entire four years at WF and never be on a competently coached team. Like, I don't want Chaundee to end up like Travis McKie, such a great Deac but spent his whole career under [Redacted]. Chaundee deserves to play his senior year under Steve Forbes or John Beilein or Thad Matta or Wes Miller.

So if you know someone who has been told something, what were they told?

I’m not part of the program. All I said was people around the program are being told today. ChrisTheDeacm89 also sated news will come out today. Obviously this isn’t coming out of left field, today is the day the decision is being told to the staff and players.

some people will do it though. Lots of hate around here for young chill lately

I’m not part of the program. All I said was people around the program are being told today. ChrisTheDeacm89 also sated news will come out today. Obviously this isn’t coming out of left field, today is the day the decision is being told to the staff and players.

Understood, and I'm not coming after you or trying to discredit you or anything. I was just curious, since it seemed as though you are in contact with at least one person who is being told today, if they have relayed anything more to you.

The year-end review had to break for lunch. Should resume around 3 PM. That's life.

I don't fully understand this take. I get that it's a tough time for them because the coach is like family to them. But the idea that anyone is directing disgust toward the players is just dumb. We want what's best for the players. It breaks my heart to see a good kid play his entire four years at WF and never be on a competently coached team. Like, I don't want Chaundee to end up like Travis McKie, such a great Deac but spent his whole career under [Redacted]. Chaundee deserves to play his senior year under Steve Forbes or John Beilein or Thad Matta or Wes Miller.

Generally agree but Brandon definitely had some comments directed his way on twitter throughout the season. Definitely agree with your take as it relates to postseason comments about the general direction of the program.

You seemed to be very specific about the noon hour earlier.

Generally agree but Brandon definitely had some comments directed his way on twitter throughout the season. Definitely agree with your take as it relates to postseason comments about the general direction of the program.

IIRC, Brandon started blaming the fans for the lack of the team's success early in his career on Twitter. I think he probably invited a lot of the Twitter criticism he got.

From what I can gather (which is severely limited at his point), the decision to announce the firing of Manning will not take place until a new coach has agreed to a contract.

We’re still in the post-year end review cocktail and cigar hour, after the traditional two hour lunch. I don’t know how you other rubes fire people but this is how high level shit happens.

Back