• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

73 - as someone who is very moderate (only dem I have ever voted for is Hilary, because I refuse to vote for Trump), I can assure you that you're not coming off as a reasonable person who has simply had enough of the trump-bashing. You seem like a lunatic.

wfu22fan and SCDEAC, didn’t you guys learn at an early age that a conservative will kick the shit out of a limp-wristed liberal all day long? You can’t be a part of the group that is preaching anti-violence, anti-2nd amendment, anti-anything red blooded American and be on here cussing and being violent. It’s against the snowflake code of conduct. Also, I would rather loosen environmental tariffs for the good of the world today than preparing for the end of the world later. Tell your brother Al Gore that we actually made it past his initial D-Day of 2000 and his follow up D-Day of 2010 and we’re still enjoying enjoying the great outdoors everyday!

Like supporting hate and bigotry. Those tariffs really helped ten of thousands of red-blooded American farmers lose their farms.

You are so far out there. Could you be a parody?

Here's a post from 2 years ago from 73deac:

I am politically independent. I try to break things down to the bare minimum and I don't mind changing my point of view if I am shown a different way to view something that makes sense to me.

giphy.gif

Oh good, we are doing this here now.

FUCK YOU DANNY. You even ruin your own fucking thread, ya big dosser.

wfu22fan and SCDEAC, didn’t you guys learn at an early age that a conservative will kick the shit out of a limp-wristed liberal all day long? You can’t be a part of the group that is preaching anti-violence, anti-2nd amendment, anti-anything red blooded American and be on here cussing and being violent. It’s against the snowflake code of conduct. Also, I would rather loosen environmental tariffs for the good of the world today than preparing for the end of the world later. Tell your brother Al Gore that we actually made it past his initial D-Day of 2000 and his follow up D-Day of 2010 and we’re still enjoying enjoying the great outdoors everyday!

Ohh wow listen to this guy. Regional college indeed.

7xdeac will you be going to church on Easter Sunday?

Shaka coming back to Texas. Still no major conference coaches fired I believe this cycle.

That is...not good news

Not that he was ever coming to Wake but all these schools sticking with their disappointing situations just gives us more cover to stick with our historically bad one.

Shaka coming back to Texas. Still no major conference coaches fired I believe this cycle.

Yes, not one coaching change in any of the Power 6 conferences (that's 75 schools) in the 15 days since the last NCAA game was played. In fact, don't think that there was a change in the American Athletic, the West Coast or the Atlantic 10 conferences (the next 3 highest rated conferences). That's no coaching changes in any of the 114 schools in the top 9 rated conferences.

Universities are reeling right now. Got to be a concern that if the COVID issues linger into the Fall students (and more importantly parents otherwise willing to pay or to take out loans to fund tuition payments) aren't going to be willing to shell out massive tuition amounts just so their kids can take on-line classes; that's not a college experience that most people are going to go massively in debt to take on. Until everything gets sorted out and there is a handle on what the future looks like, university spending on everything from construction of facilities to paying salaries is getting put on hold.

Texas was a Bubble/NIT team this year. This isn't really shocking unless they thought they could significantly upgrade from that.

Also Texas has basically everybody back from an injury ravaged team and is hoping to add Greg Brown this Spring.

Texas was a Bubble/NIT team this year. This isn't really shocking unless they thought they could significantly upgrade from that.

In 2015, Texas let Rick Barnes go to sign Shaka Smart to 7 year $22 million contract (which was among the highest in college basketball at the time). Over the next 5 seasons as Texas coach, the Longhorns made 2 tournaments and have yet to win a single NCAA tourney game. The expectations for Smart at Texas are a lot higher than being on the bubble every couple of years, and then losing the first game in the tournament. Rick Barnes did better than that.

Like Manning, Smart would've been canned after this season unless Texas made an improbable run in the Big 12 and NCAA tournaments.

FWIW, there is a great website Equity In Athletics Data Analysis (EADA). This is part of the Dept of Education. it has athletic information for all universities that they are required to provide to the Dept of ED.

You can get information on any individual school, any group of schools and it has things like revenue and expenses for every athletics sport at each school. Total atlhetic salaries (though not by individual).

2018 is the most recent data. Wake is 64th out of 65 P5 teams in Total Revenue ahead of only Washington St (#63 is Ga Tech).
I'll only believe big money is going to be paid out when I see it. The revenues would not suggest it is likely.

Hey 73deac you can debate Trump's actions, but not recognizing him as someone that's failed this country, his community, and put families in danger on a day when his rhetoric has cost another 100 lives is inhumane. So if you really feel like you want to get into that now please come see me at any Wake sporting event in the future so I can break your fucking face, arms, etc.

Hey 73deac you can debate Trump's actions, but not recognizing him as someone that's failed this country, his community, and put families in danger on a day when his rhetoric has cost another 100 lives is inhumane. So if you really feel like you want to get into that now please come see me at any Wake sporting event in the future so I can break your fucking face, arms, etc.

There's a whole politics board for this nonsense. Everyone has their own opinion. ALL OF YOU who want to get into these pissing contests can do it over there. Now I remember this one of the reasons I stopped lurking on the board on a regular basis.

There's a whole politics board for this nonsense. Everyone has their own opinion. ALL OF YOU who want to get into these pissing contests can do it over there. Now I remember this one of the reasons I stopped lurking on the board on a regular basis.

This is a totally unique week on so many levels.

something something snowflake safe spaces

Back