• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Riiiiggghhttt. Conveniently, you gloss over where I point out you started a character argument about Manning, and turned into a negotiation roleplay having nothing to do with the original argument that you were losing. Also, reminding you that you started this "roleplaying" game as Danny Manning and your quote was "fuck you pay me." I should have known better than to roleplay with Gaybone.

No, I'm just explaining that you have created this whole narrative based on a weird logic that Manning should either step down or give up a bunch of money owed him - and your narrative insists he is some sort of psycho asshole that is holding Currie's hand to the fire just for fuck's sake. I don't honestly know what you think a negotiation entails, but to put it in terms you may understand in a gaybone sense - if you are sent to prison and Igor the Terrible is in your cell block and insists that you will be his fuck toy for the calendar year - and you relent because the other option is death - that's not a negotiation. You're simply getting fucked in the ass. A negotiation might result in you getting Sunday thru Wednesday off (but you have to throw in a Saturday afternoon blowjob in the tradeoff).

So, again, in any negotiation, you have to give something to receive something. I imagine one of Currie's only options is the fact that Manning can essentially get double-paid. I owe you $15 mil over the next 5 years and I will pay you $12 now all up front - which allows you to take a gig elsewhere and get that money too, which will likely bump you up over $15. If I fire you, then you have to take a reduced salary on those years you are a basketball coach somewhere else. So if Buffalo College pays you $400,000 a year. I only owe you $2.6 on those years .... that's about it.

And that's no factoring in the pandemic and reduced money available.

Basically, we're screwed and as a number of people have said above, Manning, the former #1 pick will go into next year with a heartful of optimism because gosh durn it, it worked that one magical year back in 198x. He'll work hard-ish, roll the ball out there and see if he can't turn this thing around. I don't think he will, but I understand and respect he thinks he will. Hell, the fucking Bengals think they'll turn it around next year. That is sports.

Thinking that is probably Chris Lea's last interview with Currie for quite a while.

So you're saying that if your boss wanted to fire you because of your sub-par job performance your attitude would be "fuck you, pay me." You're essentially Danny Manning.

If I have a guaranteed contract, yes. Pay me. Also, I doubt very seriously Manning thinks he’s performed poorly. People rationalize all sorts of stuff.

Also in that Twitter thread is Conor saying he hasn’t heard back from the AD on multiple requests for interviews

Perhaps this is why Dan Collins was always careful about what he printed in the paper. I much prefer Conor’s approach, but it does appear he is being shut out.

Thinking that is probably Chris Lea's last interview with Currie for quite a while.

Currie should have added a stipulation that Lea couldn’t say there was a stipulation that Lea couldn’t ask about men’s basketball.

Perhaps this is why Dan Collins was always careful about what he printed in the paper. I much prefer Conor’s approach, but it does appear he is being shut out.

nah, the AD just doesn't want to talk about this clusterfuck

I wish people who wish to fully reopen the economy would at least speak honestly. The fact is they refuse to say what they really believe. And that is they accept the death toll, whatever it is and that's just the price we have to pay. It's a defensible position. I disagree with it. I'm just sick of their bullshit rhetoric from Trump on down.

I wish people who wish to fully reopen the economy would at least speak honestly. The fact is they refuse to say what they really believe. And that is they accept the death toll, whatever it is and that's just the price we have to pay. It's a defensible position. I disagree with it. I'm just sick of their bullshit rhetoric from Trump on down.

Nothing wrong with what you say. People were elected to make the hard decisions. They have to balance the costs, human and economic, as well as others, and make tough calls. The real problem is that this is a brand new situation, everyone is navigating by the seat of their pants, no one has a clear idea of what to do, the necessary information to make reliably sound decisions is simply lacking, and the models have proven to be woefully inadequate.

If you were hoping to compare the situation with the virus to the problem of administrative behavior around Wake basketball, your comparison is not a very good one. Wake administration has repeatedly failed to make good decisions over a ten year period and is trying to cover up their failure with secrecy and dishonesty. The first step in making good decisions in the future is dropping the secrecy and speaking honestly. That will not make some people happy but it is a necessary precondition for making better decisions in the future. If they continue with the secrecy and dishonesty, they will only be able to make good decisions by accident.

Conor is no Dan. He won’t last long as WF beat reporter.

Currie should have added a stipulation that Lea couldn’t say there was a stipulation that Lea couldn’t ask about men’s basketball.

Yeah, but then they would have needed a stipulation that Lea couldn't say there was a stipulation that Lea couldn't say there was a stipulation that Lea couldn't ask about men's basketball. It's a vicious cycle.

Conor is no Dan. He won’t last long as WF beat reporter.

Always good to have you in my corner, John.

As I've told you on Facebook, telling me I'm not Dan isn't the slight you seem to think it is. I've never said that's who I want to be and never even implied it.

Also as I've told you; you're welcome to submit your concerns about my coverage to the Journal. Write a letter to the editor. Send a Facebook message. Send snail mail.

Conor is doing a great job. Of course most local sports writers may be furloughed/laid off/fired soon since there's nothing to write about.

As I've told you on Facebook, telling me I'm not Dan isn't the slight you seem to think it is. I've never said that's who I want to be and never even implied it.

Also as I've told you; you're welcome to submit your concerns about my coverage to the Journal. Write a letter to the editor. Send a Facebook message. Send snail mail.

Lol this is great

what is even the point of reading a beat writer that only gets access for writing the rosy picture?

some people liked Dan's folksy writing style, some didn't, but nobody got any information from his articles

Total bullshit, anyone acting like this is Conor’s fault is a complete ass. Yea lets not blame the idiots at WFU who got us and continue to put us in this mess lets just blame one of our best beat writers. Currie is fucking this up just like the UT debacle but UT people had the balls to fire Currie, WFU just isnt built like that, they hide from the problems and alienate the fans. Its funny when WFU needs money they call and ask for it but hide when its time to answer a bball question to our local guy Conor who busts his ass to give us great coverage.

Total bullshit, anyone acting like this is Conor’s fault is a complete ass. Yea lets not blame the idiots at WFU who got us and continue to put us in this mess lets just blame one of our best beat writers. Currie is fucking this up just like the UT debacle but UT people had the balls to fire Currie, WFU just isnt built like that, they hide from the problems and alienate the fans. Its funny when WFU needs money they call and ask for it but hide when its time to answer a bball question to our local guy Conor who busts his ass to give us great coverage.

Yup all this. Could you imagine them pulling this shit at a "real" sports school?

Yup all this. Could you imagine them pulling this shit at a "real" sports school?

A real sports school fired Currie 8 months into his tenure for fuckin things up, 8 months, thats not even a full year. think about that.

A real sports school fired Currie 8 months into his tenure for fuckin things up, 8 months, thats not even a full year. think about that.

Well he kinda got deposed by a football coach who wanted his job (which opens its own can of worms about preparedness) but I don’t think he really got fired solely for fucking things up sans other people pulling strings. That is, he was not fired solely because of an objective analysis of how he fared at the primary points of his job.

what is even the point of reading a beat writer that only gets access for writing the rosy picture?

some people liked Dan's folksy writing style, some didn't, but nobody got any information from his articles

Well said.

Back