• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Marcus Smart shoves fan

YoungBuck95

Reaction score
In the final seconds of Texas Tech's upset win over OK State, smart fouls a tech player hard and falls near the stands. One fan helps him, then smart turns around and is seen face to face with an elderly man. Smart then shoves the man. The man clearly said something, but don't know what. No matter what, he shouldn't have shoved the man. He was given a technical. I think he should've been thrown out. Wouldn't be surprised if he's suspended.

Rumors say he was spit/spat upon. Changes things up a little bit.

I figured it was a racial epithet. But, if the guy spit on him, I don't know that I can blame him, even though I know it's inexcusable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured it was a racial epithet. But, if the guy spit on him, I don't know that I can blame him, even though I know it's inexcusable.

Why is it inexcusable? If somebody shouted a racial epithet or spit on me in close quarters, I'd deck their ass.

Really pathetic how Texas Tech is arguably in better shape than us despite the fact an alcoholic ran the program for the past 2 years.

I guess that's what I'm saying. Ideally a player would never shove a fan. But as a human being, I would have decked the guy.

Absolutely.

I guess that's what I'm saying. Ideally a player would never shove a fan. But as a human being, I would have decked the guy.

There is some significant analysis to be made here on power dynamics and expectations, but it's kind of hilarious that it's inexcusable for this kid to stand his ground. Pun intended.

There is some significant analysis to be made here on power dynamics and expectations, but it's kind of hilarious that it's inexcusable for this kid to stand his ground. Pun intended.

I see what you did.

Not the first time this guy has gotten into it with a player:

That guy is lucky that most people are in step with the concept of social order. I'd love to see somebody deck his ass. Stay classy, Lubbock.

Back