• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Marcus Smart shoves fan

I'm sure that we can agree he'll go above #23, then.

Difference between 1.9 and 1 mil a year is a bunch of money, as I'm sure you know. Do you disagree that it wasn't a great move on smarts part? It's not like he's been playing like MJ the last few games....

Because a 19 year old Marcus Smart was worried about his image to NBA scouts during a critical part in the game when someone said something incredibly racist.

Difference between 1.9 and 1 mil a year is a bunch of money, as I'm sure you know. Do you disagree that it wasn't a great move on smarts part? It's not like he's been playing like MJ the last few games....

Yeah he is playing bad lately 22-4-2, 20-7-3, 15-6-7, and 22-4-3. He is a stud basketball player.

So many players, if they're expected to go to the NBA, are blamed for looking ahead to pro ball. If smart wasn't focused on his pro career, then he should have been

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah he is playing bad lately 22-4-2, 20-7-3, 15-6-7, and 22-4-3. He is a stud basketball player.

Might taint his image a little. But will not drop his stock much, if at all.

ETA: Gilbert Arenas brought a gun to the locker as a side note.

The kid decided to stay in school an extra year because he enjoyed college when he possibly could have been the number 1 pick last year. He is one of a rare breed that stayed despite the money being dangled in his face. What he did tonight was very unfortunate because he will be drug around by the press as some thug. If the guy really did call him the N word, I have no problem with what he did.

I know opposing fans will now use this against him and make matters worse but hopefully he learned from it and learned to channel his emotions. But fuck that old fat piece of shit. I hate how fans feel like they can say anything they want.

This is silly. Dude is going to be a top-10 pick. I was just pointing out that he'll be a millionaire regardless of how NBA GMs feel about this incident. And he'll still be a top-10 pick. He's projected between 4-8 almost across the board.

Not really. This is a league that took Anthony Bennett #1. I do think that his game has been exposed in the last couple of weeks.

The guy is a shoe in top 10 pick (sans a major injury). He has dominated in college both years, he is going to be a good pro.... And how has this game been exposed the last couple weeks? Guy is averaging 18 ppg over 7 boards and 4 assists. in Big 12 play (which is probably the best conference in america right now, if not then 2nd)

The last four games he shooting around 35%. The last four games from three he's shot, 3-11, 0-7,1-5,and 1-4.

I guess his nickname will be "Not So". Marcus, don't get into a pissing contest with a skunk.

Not really. This is a league that took Anthony Bennett #1. I do think that his game has been exposed in the last couple of weeks.

You're really comparing Anthony Bennett and Marcus Smart? LOL

How has Marcus Smart's game been exposed pray-tell? Scouts are aware that he can't shoot from beyond the arc (and like him anyway), but 6'4 two-way players with his physique, athleticism, motor, court vision, and versatility don't come around every day. He was a top-5 pick last year and he'll be a top-10 pick this year.

I could definitely see DT doing this if we were ranked. Good thing we have Bz, so no concern for being ranked, ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, i'm not going to assume the guy said something racist just because Smart got pissed. He's good as hell, but he's having a hard time handling adversity this year.

NBA GM's will pay close attention to this and it could hurt him. If he thinks what that guy said was bad, it is about to get a whole lot worse because of the way he handled it. Opposing fans are going to try to get under his skin more than ever. I honestly hope more will come out about what was said so that Smart will have some bit of vindication.

This is silly. I mean Chris hit a dude in the balls his soph. year and it didn't hurt him come draft time. Sophomores do stupid shit. Nobody is going to care about this come June.

What are the odds the TT superfan has had lunch with bkf to discuss how awesome Robert Montgomery Knight is?

Back