• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Marcus Smart shoves fan

No doubt that Pat is Bob's kid. Sounds just like him.

Orr sentenced to a year of "attaboys" and back slaps from other TT muckety-mucks.

According to a post on the Texas Tech board the guy admitted to calling Smart "a piece of crap"

Jeff Orr Statement

"I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincere apologies to Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State, Tubby Smith and the Texas Tech Men's Basketball program. My actions last night were inappropriate and do not reflect myself or Texas Tech - a university I love dearly. I regret calling Mr. Smart a "piece of crap" but I want to make it known that I did not use a racial slur of any kind. Additionally, I would like to offer my apologies to Texas Tech fans that have been embarrassed by the attention this incident has created."

3 is on the heavy side I would agree, but I don't think it is egregious. Interesting note that his 1st game back will be against Texas Tech again in Stillwater.

Jeff Orr Statement

"I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincere apologies to Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State, Tubby Smith and the Texas Tech Men's Basketball program. My actions last night were inappropriate and do not reflect myself or Texas Tech - a university I love dearly. I regret calling Mr. Smart a "piece of crap" but I want to make it known that I did not use a racial slur of any kind. Additionally, I would like to offer my apologies to Texas Tech fans that have been embarrassed by the attention this incident has created."

3 is on the heavy side I would agree, but I don't think it is egregious. Interesting note that his 1st game back will be against Texas Tech again in Stillwater.

Hopefully Jeff Orr makes the trip. I doubt he'd make it out alive though.

It could have been a lot worse, but buying a ticket to a game does not give you the right to talk shit to opposing players. they're just kids.

It could have been a lot worse, but buying a ticket to a game does not give you the right to talk shit to opposing players. they're just kids.

I'm sure 75% of the people here have said worse things at games, esp if they were Wake students. I know I'm guilty.

Last edited:

Ever been around an opposing student section? That's a little mild unless things are a lot different than they were in the 80's. And at Wake we were milder than most. That would probably be considered a compliment in Raleigh or Landover.

I'm sure 75% of the people here have said worse things at games, esp if they we're Wake students. I know I'm guilty.

Ever been around an opposing student section? That's a little mild unless things are a lot different than they were in the 80's. And at Wake we were milder than most. That would probably be considered a compliment in Raleigh or Landover.

I'm talking about people that buy tickets. Not other kids.

You guys are crazy if you think a three game suspension his too many for shoving a fan. He is extremely lucky it's not more than that.

Wasn't there a game where the Wake students were chanting something at Laettner?

Hell, we had so many signs taken away by Premier Wellman's security staff. Among my favorites:

COACH K HIRED THE STRIPPERS
SINGLER IS A VIRGIN
PAULUS STEALS FROM GOODWILL
TY LAWSON DRIVES TO THE HOOP UNDER THE INFLUENCE (this one made the videoboard!)

Back