• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Married peeps: If you got to redo your wedding day....

Manifest Destiny

Broderick Hicks
Reaction score
what would you do differently as far as the planning and actual wedding ceremony/reception?

Taken from a thread on another board. Curious as to the Pits opinion.

I would not have it take place during a hurricane.

Real answer though, I wouldn't go to the church as early. I know you don't want to be late to anything but sitting and waiting for an hour in the uncomfortable back room (where they didn't allow drinking) was dumb. Just get there 15 minutes early.

I would have paid for a videographer.

Only because my wife brings it up almost every day how we don't have a wedding video. I don't have any interest in watching said video... I just would love for her to shut her fat yapper about it.

Other than that, I'd probably do it exactly the same. Great day.

hire a better photographer. i think we would have added a couple as a 4th to our retinue

our wedding went off pretty awesomely and I don't have too many regrets about it.

i think i would've pushed for a friend to officiate and gone way more secular, too

Last edited:
My mother-in-law was two days late to the wedding and then showed up late to the ceremony, which we held for her.

Wouldn't have been a big deal but the Officiant had lined us up and we were getting ready to walk in when he found out she wasn't there.

So, I'm not sure what I would have done to fix that but it was a source of stress when she missed her third flight.

I would have spent more time mingling with my family and other guests. I spent most of my time cuttin' a rug with my bride and friends and getting hammered.

I would have paid for a videographer.

Only because my wife brings it up almost every day how we don't have a wedding video. I don't have any interest in watching said video... I just would love for her to shut her fat yapper about it.

Other than that, I'd probably do it exactly the same. Great day.

Same here. My parents showed my oldest my sister's wedding video and he loved it and he cried. We have some clips put together that friends took and that's it.

Our photo guy wasn't good either. My wife got his info from a friend's wedding, but we could have done much better.

For my first wedding, I would skip the entire thing all together. For my second wedding I would not change a thing.

hire a better photographer. i think we would have added a couple as a 4th to our retinue

our wedding went off pretty awesomely and I don't have too many regrets about it.

i think i would've pushed for a friend to officiate and gone way more secular, too

This. Our photos were so awful that he almost immediately offered a partial refund. Honestly, that was the last thing on the list and by the time was got to it we were short on time and money. And his portfolio looked decent, but not great.

But they are really bad. I don't think we have a picture in which both my brother's eyes and my mother's eyes are open. I mean, dude, it's digital photography. Not that hard to check that everyone's eyes are open (and that the altar / stage is level...).

It's especially a bummer since we didn't do engagement pictures.

Our photographer was clearly very technically gifted, but she did a horrible job making us all comfortable for group and solo pics. She was in a terrible mood, didn't listen to any of us, clearly had her own ideas about what to do which led to awkward poses and uncomfortable faces. The candids were all a lot better.

Said fuck the ceremony and balled out twice as hard and long during the honeymoon.

Mostly for us it worked out well. One thing we'd do different though: Put someone that's not getting married in charge of running everything on the wedding day. You should try to finally relax and enjoy the day.

We got married when a little older and all our family were from out of town and we just planned and did everything ourselves. Mostly that was really good. But on the wedding day, put someone else in charge.

Absolutely nothing. My wedding day was pretty perfect.

Back