• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Married peeps: If you got to redo your wedding day....

When I read remotely, my first thought was doing it over Skype or GoToMeeting.

When I read remotely, my first thought was doing it over Skype or GoToMeeting.

haha yeah, me, too

skype wedding from the Caribbean while everyone else is stuck in the VFW meeting hall is a dope idea

We did, and got quite a few pieces (but not enough to add up to complete sets [plate, cups, saucers, etc.] sufficient to entertain more than 6-7 people). In the almost 22 years that we have been married, I think we have used our china less than 5 times. What a waste. I totally agree with DeacWatcher that formal china, crystal, etc. is a massive waste of money. They also present a huge opportunity cost by taking the place of much more practical, useful or just downright fun gifts.

Just start using it.
Seriously, why wait for something so 'fancy' to use your nice stuff? Just use your fancy plates for yourselves and enjoy them.

Yeah, we use our Christmas china a pretty good bit. My wife decided she didn't like our china a few years after we got married, but we used it a couple of weeks ago. We've also got several placesettings of these cool dishes that we liked and picked up about 15 years ago. We have four full sets of dishes altogether.

My mom would use the good china/crystal/sterling multiple times during every year. Holidays, birthdays for everybody including grandparents. Kids birthday special family birthday meals were in addition to kids birthday parties, not in place of. Birthday kid got to pick the menu.

Imma add "stripper pole" to my registry and see who's a true friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back