• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Married peeps: If you got to redo your wedding day....

Somewhere there's a thread where my best friends wife is saying "I wish I didn't let my husbands friend crash in our wedding suite"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine palma curled up on the edge of the bed like a dog.

9edd22a54b88f929433672274e515c12.jpg

We got married in Jamaica with our best friends around since it was my wife's second marriage. My folks and her folks were not there so there was no pressure at all from family. Had a big reception when we got back to town. Everything was awesome and would not change a thing except for the wedding gift list. If we could redo that list we would exclude all the formal china, glassware, etc. Just a massive waste of dough as it has been used once or twice in 15 years.

We got married in Jamaica with our best friends around since it was my wife's second marriage. My folks and her folks were not there so there was no pressure at all from family. Had a big reception when we got back to town. Everything was awesome and would not change a thing except for the wedding gift list. If we could redo that list we would exclude all the formal china, glassware, etc. Just a massive waste of dough as it has been used once or twice in 15 years.

I'd be curious to know how many people had china on their gift/wish list. We had absolutely zero interest in a china set and still don't nearly four years later.

When are you supposed to use china?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had it on our list and plan on using it. We like to entertain a lot though.

We had silverware and took it off because you can get secondhand stuff for very cheap now.

Thanksgiving and Christmas. And even then it's an effort to do so, because I hand wash it but when the heck else would you use it? Least it was not from our registry, we bought it for cheap at a consignment store so we wouldn't use registry space.

We got china that is normal looking and dishwasher safe and use it every day.

we registered for everyday China aka the plates we normally use. MIL has been building up wife's regular China and crystal sets since she was little. it's sitting in a closet in Lynchburg, VA and will remain there until we eventually get a house.

My/06Deacon's grandma collected china sets.

It's my luck that in the process of downsizing she decided to gift each granddaughter (5 of us) a set of fine china. I love the set she picked out for me, so not only is it cool that I have it now but it's also cool that I don't need to register for china.

My/06Deacon's grandma collected china sets.

It's my luck that in the process of downsizing she decided to gift each granddaughter (5 of us) a set of fine china. I love the set she picked out for me, so not only is it cool that I have it now but it's also cool that I don't need to register for china.

I'd be curious to know how many people had china on their gift/wish list. We had absolutely zero interest in a china set and still don't nearly four years later.

We did, and got quite a few pieces (but not enough to add up to complete sets [plate, cups, saucers, etc.] sufficient to entertain more than 6-7 people). In the almost 22 years that we have been married, I think we have used our china less than 5 times. What a waste. I totally agree with DeacWatcher that formal china, crystal, etc. is a massive waste of money. They also present a huge opportunity cost by taking the place of much more practical, useful or just downright fun gifts.

Last edited:
Back