• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Married peeps: If you got to redo your wedding day....

haha yep. I had a Deacon for mine and the piece I was served was a fondant fist and I was like uhh can I get some real cake? and I just got little slivers as that was all they had.

Good call I forgot about this. Wife got me a groom's cake with flavors that pretty much only I would like (chocolate cake with like raspberry jelly filling) but I got basically none. Same story with the wedding cake, we had an incredible cake with like three different flavor layers but wife and I got barely any. And the leftovers were killed quickly the next day by all the little kid cousins before anyone could save some for us. Little fuckers.

Oh yeah we got barely anything to eat either, too busy. Pro tip for folks getting married: take time to eat and enjoy the food you spent so much effort picking out.

Yep and yep. Your best man will want to be helpful, so assign him to get you a plate of everything.

Good call I forgot about this. Wife got me a groom's cake with flavors that pretty much only I would like (chocolate cake with like raspberry jelly filling) but I got basically none. Same story with the wedding cake, we had an incredible cake with like three different flavor layers but wife and I got barely any. And the leftovers were killed quickly the next day by all the little kid cousins before anyone could save some for us. Little fuckers.

Oh yeah we got barely anything to eat either, too busy. Pro tip for folks getting married: take time to eat and enjoy the food you spent so much effort picking out.

I don't remember this. I do remember hearing you didn't get anything to eat - and also one of your friends and his gf ate the food out of the bridal suite that was put up there for us so we had something to snack on after the ceremony/before dinner (since we missed the snack hour for photos at the church).

Yep and yep. Your best man will want to be helpful, so assign him to get you a plate of everything.

Seems like that's the caterer's job. At least all of them we met with made sure to mention they would do it.

My wife had co-maids of honor and one of them was caught banging the other's longtime bf during the reception. Other than that our wedding was great.

Seems like that's the caterer's job. At least all of them we met with made sure to mention they would do it.

My wife had co-maids of honor and one of them was caught banging the other's longtime bf during the reception. Other than that our wedding was great.

Now THAT'S a party!

I think I would have the taco truck make multiple visits instead of just one. I didn't eat enough tacos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rev we had an innovative MethoPalian service since we are Episcopal and wanted Eucharist but it was in her mom's Methodist Church. Our priest was really cool and kind of made the whole thing up on the fly which I think nearly gave the old Methodist minister a stroke.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

>Originally Posted by DirtySouthDeacon
>I would not have let my wife force me to but my BIL in our wedding party.

Now THAT's a party!
e97ec2ab2d61e31bfa160a43854654d4.gif

Our officiant ended up moving to Texas, leaving a wife and kids, and comin out as gay with like, mesh shirts and daisy dukes pics

Our officiant ended up moving to Texas, leaving a wife and kids, and comin out as gay with like, mesh shirts and daisy dukes pics

So what would you redo?

yeah, that actually sounds pretty fabulous... unless he did it, like, the day before your wedding and left you high and dry with no officiant.

But if he did it the day of the wedding, that's pretty awesome.

yeah, that actually sounds pretty fabulous... unless he did it, like, the day before your wedding and left you high and dry with no officiant.

yeah i mean, good for him, right?

had no impact on our wedding (that I know of)

We found out at the after party that three different couples bumped uglies during our reception. One of them was our officiant.

l2fdwg1.jpg

Back