• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Marvel's The Avengers (reviews/discussion)

Saw the movie this past weekend....movie was excellent. Funny, non-stop action, and characters fit like a glove. I can't imagine a better casting job to be honest. Definitely the best hulk....Ironman is perfect....and Captain America is such a likable goober. I love that they are extending this series, and will be looking forward to the next film.

I saw it this past weekend and the above is correct.

Also as mentioned earlier in the thread Paltrow was smoking hot as was Cobie Smulders. They actually trumped Scarlett in my book.

Cobie_Smulders_Maria_Hill-the-avengers-clip.jpg

Big fan of Robin but Scarlett was a smokeshow.

I was surprised hot Cobie was in the movie.

I think they could have shortened the fight scene by at least five minutes.

I wonder if by using the professor from Thor they are setting up bringing Natalie Portman into the next one.

I was surprised hot Cobie was in the movie.

I think they could have shortened the fight scene by at least five minutes.

I wonder if by using the professor from Thor they are setting up bringing Natalie Portman into the next one.

Portman will return in Thor 2. Beyond that, I'm not sure if she is contracted for Avengers.

She was mentioned in The Avengers anyway.

I saw it recently and enjoyed it, but for the life of me could not understand what was so special about the movie. I mean walking out of the Dark Knight for example I legit thought it was one of the better movies I had ever seen. Avengers was a fun way to spend a few hours but that was all it did for me.

I think the Avengers is the perfect summer movie, but don't worry...I'm thinking the final Batman will shatter expectations.

I think the Avengers is the perfect summer movie, but don't worry...I'm thinking the final Batman will shatter expectations.

Really? I'm not doubting you I think it's going to be awesome, but the expectations are already REALLY high, so shattering expectations would be quite a feat. It would make it a legendary movie

I saw it recently and enjoyed it, but for the life of me could not understand what was so special about the movie. I mean walking out of the Dark Knight for example I legit thought it was one of the better movies I had ever seen. Avengers was a fun way to spend a few hours but that was all it did for me.

Exactly how I felt. It was good, I was entertained, but it was no where near TDK.

It wasn't supposed to be. What was special about it was the approximately 12 hours of lead up over 5 movies.

Back