• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maryland cuts 6 varsity sports (8 total teams)

here is how i explained it before:

He has divided the locker room and many players hate him. He ripped down all the weightlifting records that were on the wall and made the strength and conditioning program an utter joke which has destroyed the players confidence . He took our best defensive player and changed his position which turned him into a nobody. He took the ACC ROY quarterback and destroyed him.

The media absolutely hates him because he gives no access to the program. No access to practice, assistant coaches, or anyone besides 2 hand selected players every week. Players have resorted to talking to the media anonymously about this clown.

Worst of all is just how unintelligent he is. Every successive thing that comes out of his mouth is dumber than the last. he inherits a team that went 9-4 last year and he has tried to frame it as a rogue program in need of a rebuilding. He refuses to ever admit he was wrong about anything. He thinks we're headed in the right direction when we've gone from 9-4 to 2-8. And my god, how many times can you fit "young men" into a soundbite?

here is how i explained it before:

He has divided the locker room and many players hate him. He ripped down all the weightlifting records that were on the wall and made the strength and conditioning program an utter joke which has destroyed the players confidence . He took our best defensive player and changed his position which turned him into a nobody. He took the ACC ROY quarterback and destroyed him.

The media absolutely hates him because he gives no access to the program. No access to practice, assistant coaches, or anyone besides 2 hand selected players every week. Players have resorted to talking to the media anonymously about this clown.

Worst of all is just how unintelligent he is. Every successive thing that comes out of his mouth is dumber than the last. he inherits a team that went 9-4 last year and he has tried to frame it as a rogue program in need of a rebuilding. He refuses to ever admit he was wrong about anything. He thinks we're headed in the right direction when we've gone from 9-4 to 2-8. And my god, how many times can you fit "young men" into a soundbite?

So other than that, things are pretty good, huh?

he had a special teams coach at uconn that was absolutely horrible, that uconn fans despised. guess what he did? brought him to maryland. guess what we have? the worst special teams in my lifetime, anyway. he promoted someone to DC that failed as a DC in the conference USA.

Worst of all is just how unintelligent he is. Every successive thing that comes out of his mouth is dumber than the last. he inherits a team that went 9-4 last year and he has tried to frame it as a rogue program in need of a rebuilding.

I've seen this movie somewhere...

Worst hire in ACC history.

How did his replacement at UConn end up doing? The one that hedge fund dooch was all up in arms about? Just checked... not very well... 4-6 with wins over 2 D1-AA's, South Florida, and Syracuse. Losses to Vandy, Iowa State, Western Michigan, WVU, Pittsburgh, and Louisville... Rutgers and Cincy yet to come.

Worst hire in ACC history.

No. Edsall at least had a record of taking a team to a BCS bowl. Jeff [Redacted] was a much worse hire than Edsall in terms of prior accomplishments.

Who cares about prior accomplishments? Randy Edsall is at least a $20 million mistake for a school with no money! He is absolutely destroying Maryland football.

No. Edsall at least had a record of taking a team to a BCS bowl. Jeff [Redacted] was a much worse hire than Edsall in terms of prior accomplishments.

Keep your Bz-out shit to Basketball threads please.

Good thing they have these...

mdflagunis3.png

HA

Dino Gaudio was a worse hire than Jeff [Redacted] and Randy Edsall COMBINED.

Do Maryland fans hate their uniforms as much as everyone else, or are there people out there that think they look good?

The player looks almost embarassed by his uniform.

The Pride uniforms (shown above) are absolutely gorgeous.

The "standard" ones with a million combos blow. On top of other things, the "red" shoulder pads look PINK, there are random lines and crap everywhere and they just look amateurish.

The Pride jersey and pants should be the permanent uniform (with a red and/or black option as well) with standard helmets. And the pride helmets should be brought out only for big games (in 2018 when we finally have a big game again)

Wow. Can't believe this. Really sad.

Renaldo Skeets Nehemiah will be disappointed. He was one of the greatest track stars in US history. I met him at an indoor track meet at George mason University about 20 years ago, and he's a helluva a nice guy.

The Pride uniforms (shown above) are absolutely gorgeous.
The "standard" ones with a million combos blow. On top of other things, the "red" shoulder pads look PINK, there are random lines and crap everywhere and they just look amateurish.

The Pride jersey and pants should be the permanent uniform (with a red and/or black option as well) with standard helmets. And the pride helmets should be brought out only for big games (in 2018 when we finally have a big game again)

851ac22e_d61912a9_cant-tell-if-serious.jpeg

I saw this on the MD board:
Its not just an issue with people being upset with his coaching and recruiting here, which speaks for its self, there are problems with his personality (arrogance) and philosophy (disallows kids to have fairly normal hair cuts and accessories). His "style" does not fit MD, I'm not sure who it fits but it does not fit us at all.
Did he make guys get haircuts? How's MD gonna come up with the money to buy him out?

Back