• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maryland cuts 6 varsity sports (8 total teams)

The pride uniforms are awesome. The only thing that might have made them better would be to switch the Calvert and Crossland patterns on the helmet.

You people are from another planet if you think those are good looking unis.

I personally liked the Pride uniforms because I've always been a fan of our state flag and I thought it was a cool and unique way to honor it. I totally understand why many don't like them though and why they think they are hideous.

Mostly I was just happy at the attention MD football was getting and the fact that (at the time :( ) potential recruits and people in that age group seemed to think they were cool. To me, it was kinda like we could come out wearing whatever as long as the players liked them. Of course that is all moot now as we have yet to beat a D1 team since that night.

Isn't FSU bigger than UMD?

Per Wikipedia:

FSU
Academic staff 2,150[4]
Admin. staff 6,129[5]
Students 40,838[6]
Undergraduates 31,005[6]
Postgraduates 8,511[6]

UMD
Academic staff 3,996[7]
Admin. staff 5,116[7]
Students 37,641[7]
Undergraduates 26,922[7]
Postgraduates 10,719

Also, the endowment is on par with other schools http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Coast_Conference#Members
Look at the number of administrators. Recently listened to an interview with a guy who feels that is one of the main things contributing to skyrocketing costs.
From 1975 to 2005, the cost of attending public universities in the U.S. tripled. Benjamin Ginsberg argues that much of the increased cost can be attributed to administrative bloat.

Since the 1970s, Ginsberg notes, the number of administrative staffers has risen by 235 percent, while the number of faculty and students has increased by only about 50 percent.

Some administrators do so little that they “could be kidnapped by space aliens and it would be weeks or even months before his or her absence from campus was noticed,” Ginsberg writes.

He also says the increase in administrators is taking universities away from their fundamental academic purpose, and doing students a disservice.
http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2011/11/02/university-cost-bloated

They worship the state flag.

:werd:

pho11feb05288377.jpg

It looks like something that should fly over a castle in England. The country we fought to get rid of.

Back