• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maryland Wake Game Thread

The backfield was Whitlock's office. Brown better take a sleep pill.

On the radio show Thursday, Grobe said Nikita was getting some interest from NFL scouts maybe as a fullback. Grobe said Nikita should try Ultimate Fighting and he'd manage him, lol.

Price scoring with a pass, run, and reception is pretty bad ass - great on him. But 47 rushing yards is all we could get?!

On the radio show Thursday, Grobe said Nikita was getting some interest from NFL scouts maybe as a fullback. Grobe said Nikita should try Ultimate Fighting and he'd manage him, lol.

I wouldn't get in the cage with him. No way, no how. I'm not seeing the NFL in his future sadly. But it would be fun to see him blow by NFL centers and disrupt backfields or make teams double team him. Problem is his body could never hold up to the abuse.

Price scoring with a pass, run, and reception is pretty bad ass - great on him. But 47 rushing yards is all we could get?!

The sack where Tanner lost all that yardage really hurt. Josh did have a 5.9 yard average, but that was due to his first run of 28 yards or so. In the 4th quarter some guy was complaining about us not running the ball up 3 scores, I guess that genius hasn't figured we can't run the ball and anything other than running it just enough to keep the defense honest is pointless.

I wouldn't get in the cage with him. No way, no how. I'm not seeing the NFL in his future sadly. But it would be fun to see him blow by NFL centers and disrupt backfields or make teams double team him. Problem is his body could never hold up to the abuse.

Yeah that is how I feel too, about the NFL and getting in the cage with him, lol. Don't really see him being able to transition to fullback at the next level.

You should have heard Section 2 guy screaming "YOURE UP 21 RUN THE BALL"

Yeah that is how I feel too, about the NFL and getting in the cage with him, lol. Don't really see him being able to transition to fullback at the next level.

Why try to fix what isn't broke, sure he is 5'11 but has to be a place for him at the next level in a 3-4

Why try to fix what isn't broke, sure he is 5'11 but has to be a place for him at the next level in a 3-4

Nah, the NFL can't see past the height and weights of guys, I doubt any NFL team would give him a shot at nose guard. You know though, with the larger field and nature of the game, he could probably get a shot of playing nose guard in the Canadian League.

The sack where Tanner lost all that yardage really hurt. Josh did have a 5.9 yard average, but that was due to his first run of 28 yards or so. In the 4th quarter some guy was complaining about us not running the ball up 3 scores, I guess that genius hasn't figured we can't run the ball and anything other than running it just enough to keep the defense honest is pointless.

I didn't watch the game, so I'm not really commenting on the plan. i'm just (still) amazed at how lol bad we are rushing this year.

No, there doesn't. Jon Abbate faced the same scenario. If Whitlock wants to give it a go I will fully support him but he is a defensive animal. He won't make the transition to fullback. He doesn't have that skill set. And he's too small to play defense in the NFL. He's not a linebacker and never will be and he would be swallowed up by an NFL offensive line. It's just reality. Nothing personal. He's my favorite Deac since Phonz and I wish him all the best. He's a great player, father, husband and person.

No, there doesn't. Jon Abbate faced the same scenario. If Whitlock wants to give it a go I will fully support him but he is a defensive animal. He won't make the transition to fullback. He doesn't have that skill set. And he's too small to play defense in the NFL. He's not a linebacker and never will be and he would be swallowed up by an NFL offensive line. It's just reality. Nothing personal. He's my favorite Deac since Phonz and I wish him all the best. He's a great player, father, husband and person.

It is interesting that NFL Draft Scout has him as a DE, doesn't make sense but it's interesting.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=97416&draftyear=2014&genpos=DE

It is interesting that NFL Draft Scout has him as a DE, doesn't make sense but it's interesting.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=97416&draftyear=2014&genpos=DE

That is just stupid. He has the speed but how many 5'10" DEs are in the NFL? No disrespect to your post. It is interesting and you didn't float the idea after all. I think people just see a guy out there making offensive lines look like paper and would love to see him do it at the next level. But I live in reality and sadly believe the next level is not Maryland or Army.

And when I am at the game I watch him almost exclusively every play because he is so good. I've never seen the like at nose tackle.

LOL @ how dead this thread is, considering what a magnificent win this was for our boys. And the COMPLETE lack of tags! Is there any greater indictment of what a bunch of losers inhabit this board? :) NOT mocking you fine people who contributed to this thread, just those who'd rather jack off to an airplane banner than, you know, celebrate Wake's success on the field ... #no one wants you on their boards

LOL @ how dead this thread is, considering what a magnificent win this was for our boys. And the COMPLETE lack of tags! Is there any greater indictment of what a bunch of losers inhabit this board? :) NOT mocking you fine people who contributed to this thread, just those who'd rather jack off to an airplane banner than, you know, celebrate Wake's success on the field ... #no one wants you on their boards

Plenty of positive threads about this game. You're wrong here.

Hey Wellman. Thanks for joining us today. Now get back under your desk.

Back