• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maryland Wake Game Thread

Mrs I/O commented that the band seemed unusually small today. This was our first home game this season so I don't have anything to compare it to. Did anyone else notice the same thing?

We were sitting fairly near Long and Diggs on the first injury. The trainers and EMS were working feverishly right away on Long and from our vantage point it appeared to be a broken leg, which it was. Seemed to be mopping up around his leg from the moment they started tending to him, which made us think it could be a compound fracture. Certainly do wish both of them a smooth recovery.

Yeah. My impression was compound fracture as they were holding a towel over the leg.

Yeah, they got the leg set and got an air cast on it immediately. From where we were sitting, you could hear the break. It sounded like a gunshot. Really terrible. We thought it was a helmet to helmet hit at first, but then it was obvious.

I was glad to hear the ACC chant near the end of the game. I agree with Pilch. It was great to send their ass to the Big 10 with an L.

Beat the Terps in soccer tonight too.

I was at that game. Great double terp beatdown today. I also sat next to the parents of 2015 recruit Malcolm Dixon who appears to be the 13th ranked prospect in the class! They said he was leaning to the deacs (offers from md and UVA too) so I hope I helped!

Who loses two of their best receivers with broken legs in a single game against Wake Forest? Unreal. I hate Maryland but I hope they beat Syracuse next week and become bowl eligible. Their players deserve that much. Besides, they won't be bowl eligible for the foreseeable future once they hit the Big 10.

Yeah hate that for Diggs and Long, hope they get healed up and have great seasons on the Big 10 next year.

Who loses two of their best receivers with broken legs in a single game against Wake Forest? Unreal. I hate Maryland but I hope they beat Syracuse next week and become bowl eligible. Their players deserve that much. Besides, they won't be bowl eligible for the foreseeable future once they hit the Big 10.

I thought our guys played about as physical today as I've seen in awhile. Don't like to see injuries, but I liked seeing us lay the wood.

The Big 10 has alot of mediocre teams also. Maryland will make some bowl games.

The Big 10 has alot of mediocre teams also. Maryland will make some bowl games.

Well, here is who they get in their division forever: Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State and Rutgers. I'll give them Indiana and Rutgers maybe. I'd schedule Bill & Mary and some other cupcakes if I were Maryland.

Nikkita setup shop in the backfield with Brown the whole first half.

Back