• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maryland Wake Game Thread

I think givens was our best player 3 years ago.

Camp has been special, I'm not saying he isn't. But we've managed to have someone "fill the roll" of our best player every year.

There is certainly no clear player who will fill that roll, because camp gets 80% of our targets right now.

Every team has a "best player" but whoever that is for Wake next year won't be nearly as good as Camp.

And I'd take Camp over Givens any day.

Seriously, Grobe and Lobo should be sending some of their salary to supporting the boards.

On another note, worst homecoming crowd I can remember since the Caldwell years.

I think givens was our best player 3 years ago.

Camp has been special, I'm not saying he isn't. But we've managed to have someone "fill the roll" of our best player every year.

There is certainly no clear player who will fill that roll, because camp gets 80% of our targets right now.

There's no clear starting QB, RB, WR1, or TE next year.

Seriously, Grobe and Lobo should be sending some of their salary to supporting the boards.

On another note, worst homecoming crowd I can remember since the Caldwell years.

Surprisingly bad coming off a win against State.

At least this season will remain interesting. 2 to go!!!

In all seriousness...If we had been running this offense all year we would have been bowl eligible after this week. That is what is truly depressing to me.

BC looks much better than advertised this year. Camp dropped a conversion against LA-Monroe that probably leads to a win. Think we'd be one game better off with more aggressive offensive play calling early on, but it should hardly be "truly depressing."

That roughing the passer was weak. But we had PI anyway.

BC looks much better than advertised this year. Camp dropped a conversion against LA-Monroe that probably leads to a win. Think we'd be one game better off with more aggressive offensive play calling early on, but it should hardly be "truly depressing."

Disagree. BC has played some good games recently, but I think we would have beaten them when we played them. Also, not only the losses, but our team was completely demoralized because of poor coaching. Our head coach actually admitted to the press that he ran a practice before the State game and told the coaches not to talk. We would have been MUCH better this season, much better morale and more wins. We can argue about how many wins, but listen to the commentators talk about our team today, and think about them making fun of our coaches for three hours in the BC game. Tanner looking like he was going to cry on the sidelines. There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE that can not be minimized.

Depressing that our coaching staff took 18 games post-Givens to install this offense? Truly.

Our last ACC game with 30+ points? 31-10 at home over Maryland.

Last edited:
Nice win the tie Peahead. A dominating performance.

This is the team we were hoping for since last September. I'm sure the Miami staff will take us seriously, I don't know if the Miami players will. That is our only chance next week.

Back