• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maryland Wake Game Thread

Nice sendoff for the twerps. Enjoy being the joke of the big something between 10 and 20.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Back from the game. Not an impressive turnout. There were a lot of people who never left their tents and TVs in the parking lot.

There were so many positives in this game. The Oline blocked better on pass protection. I think rushing is just a bust this year (or any other year I guess). Our secondary really got it together today. Whitlock was just Whitlock. It was almost comical in the first half. Price actually threw the ball better in the second half. He didn't dink as many to Camp. Just one bad throw that I remember. And the most surprising thing is we blitzed. I haven't seen that in a long time. And it forced some ugly throws.

One final note: we still run the option. Just not as much of it.

Yeah, the full blown option was a huge mistake and after the spring practice should have been scrapped. But I'll wear the sunshine brigade hat tonight and mention that Syracuse and Duke both got their asses kicked today. And for the first time in a long time we looked better in our seventh game of the season than our second. I have no idea if we can qualify for a bowl but I appreciate the effort the players are giving. It was a fun game to attend.

And beating Maryland is always fun. I'll miss that.

Back from the game. Not an impressive turnout. There were a lot of people who never left their tents and TVs in the parking lot.

There were so many positives in this game. The Oline blocked better on pass protection. I think rushing is just a bust this year (or any other year I guess). Our secondary really got it together today. Whitlock was just Whitlock. It was almost comical in the first half. Price actually threw the ball better in the second half. He didn't dink as many to Camp. Just one bad throw that I remember. And the most surprising thing is we blitzed. I haven't seen that in a long time. And it forced some ugly throws.

One final note: we still run the option. Just not as much of it.

Yeah, the full blown option was a huge mistake and after the spring practice should have been scrapped. But I'll wear the sunshine brigade hat tonight and mention that Syracuse and Duke both got their asses kicked today. And for the first time in a long time we looked better in our seventh game of the season than our second. I have no idea if we can qualify for a bowl but I appreciate the effort the players are giving. It was a fun game to attend.

Umm, Duke scored 35 unanswered points to win 35 - 22.

And for the first time in a long time we looked better in our seventh game of the season than our second. I have no idea if we can qualify for a bowl but I appreciate the effort the players are giving.

This.

I'll miss Maryland home games. I won't miss Maryland road games (except 2006). We have to have the biggest road/home differential against them. The last 3 home games were blowouts.

Feel like there is always someone to step up. Fabian-Jason Anderson-Nate Morton-Kenny Moore-givens-camp.

Hopefully "Third" can be a good player. Crump runs solid routes. Tyree could be special if he ran routes and ran after catch with a little more conviction.

Throw a year of Demir Boldin in there.

I'll miss Maryland home games. I won't miss Maryland road games (except 2006). We have to have the biggest road/home differential against them. The last 3 home games were blowouts.

Having Maryland and NC State at home in the same season has been generally helpful to our overall record in odd-numbered years.

Basketball road games there were never a bargain either. But I'm sure adding Syracuse, Pitt, ND and Louisville won't present much of a problem.

Having Maryland and NC State at home in the same season has been generally helpful to our overall record in odd-numbered years.

Yep. Add FSU to that as well.

Our defense is playing inspired ball right now. For the most part, our d-backs did an excellent job in coverage and we blitzed! The pressure rattled both Md. QBs. And their rushing game, like ours, was essentially non-existent.

Also, the offensive play calling was good today as it was against State. Tanner had a memorable day: he rushed for a TD, threw for a TD and caught a TD pass. Not a bad day.

Way to go Deacs. You guys have got to be happy with the turn around. The Terps are not horrible and it looks like you handled them with ease.

Damn, didn't Diggs walk off the field on his own? That's some Gregory Campbell type ish.

Back