• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 1: Elon Phoenix at WF - Monday (11/6) 8 pm ACCN+

For reference, the last Wake player to make 100 3s in a season was Craig Dawson, who made exactly 100 in 2001-02.

Justin Gray had 3 years in a row at 90+, but never made 100.

Fischer could shoot it.
He wasn’t in Parker’s league. He couldn’t get his shot off against athletic ACC defenders and he wasn’t nearly as highly recruited as Parker.

He wasn’t in Parker’s league. He couldn’t get his shot off against athletic ACC defenders and he wasn’t nearly as highly recruited as Parker.

I hope Parker ends up a great player that stays at Wake for 4 years and puts up big numbers.

Just saying that 289 3s at 38.1% is pretty impressive.

In Wake Forest history, only Childress (329) & Grey (319) had more than that.

Agreed. He just doesn't seem like a 4 anymore and that's fine although I curious how he and Reid could work together if the waiver comes through.

my limited assessment is that carr is much more effective when playing center vs. playing on the wing on both ends of the court. probably even more so as he's put on more weight.
He showed some strength under the basket Monday night that I don’t remember from last year. A few offensive rebounds and put back. And when he’s fouled, he makes free throws.

Carr and Marion had all but one of our offensive boards and only 3 turnovers combined. Marion looked like the perfect complement to Carr, good size and lateral defensive quickness vs. Carr's length and offensive game. Regardless of Reid's status, Marion looks like the path to never having to rely on Marsh - which is arguably the most important factor in this team being legit good.

Georgia doesn't have much size, which should mean we see a lot of Carr at the five again.

Our transition defense in the first half, and just finding anybody after a made basket or missed shot on our end was abysmal.

It was man to man too. I wonder if some of the early frequent subs caused some confusion, but simply finding your man running back up court is the easiest thing you can do.
Googled some Bob Knight "switch" drills.

It's on You Tube under one of Knight's camps.

That drill DOES address your concern.

Back