• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 10 - Delaware State Hornets - Monday 12/18 - 7 pm - ACCN

Y'all, Reid's court awareness is like 300x of Marsh. Yeah his offense is struggling, but he affected so many possessions on the defensive end. It makes a huge difference having him out there. And he'll find his.

Btw, LOL at anybody thinking Carr isn't one of our top 3 critical/ best players. Guy has been super productive. Give me one more year with him putting another 10lbs on in the offseason.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I sat behind the bench when Manning called the SIXTH timeout and we lost to Delaware State. Just TCOB and let's do good things in conference play.

Deacs played a decent game once they quit sleepwalking on defense. Carr with a double-double to stand out. Miller, Hildreth and Sallis got theirs. Parker was the spark off the bench that jumped the energy level in the first half. In 24 minutes he was +30 to lead the team.

Defense was good the final 34 minutes, limiting Delaware State to 42 points. Parker (75) and Efton (77.2) led the team on defensive ratings. Six of the eight primary rotation players were below 100. The Deacs have held their opponents to 60 points or less in 4 of the last 5 games. That might have something to do with a five game winning streak.

Parker Friedrichsen is doing one hell of a Monsanto imitation from three the past two games. He has shown skill in all phases of the game. If he keeps it up he will continue to get minutes when Damari returns.

Another aspect of this team that I really like is that the non-starters, when they come in, really seem to want to seize their opportunities. Playtime is available but you really have to want to make every second count on both ends of the court. Congrats to the whole team for their continued improvement, individually and collectively.

Reid clogs up the middle and prevents these hostile board crashers from taking advantage like they were before.

We don't crash the boards much. It seems as if Forbes prefers to fall back on defense quickly so that our opponents won't be able to run many fast breaks on us. It's a rational calculation: give up a few extra offensive boards but no cheap buckets on the defensive end. If we shoot a high enough percentage, the odds will be in our favor.

Last edited:
What is nice about this team is all the weapons. Once Efton gets more comfortable on the offensive end and Monsanto comes back, we will be tough to match up. You got Sallis, Hildreth and Boopie (and arguably Carr) who can drain the 3 and drive the ball. Parker and Monsanto deadly from 3 as well. Have not had all these weapons in a long time and they SHARE the ball .
Efton is a necessary clog in the middle, would be nice to get 8-10 points and boards from him. Fun to watch

Not much to take from last night... Good win after a shaky start.

1- Reid will be fine. I care less about his offense (which is still miles better than Marsh/Keller) and more about his defense/rebounding. It makes a huge difference against better teams.
2- Will be fun when teams try to zone us when Monsanto comes back. He and Parker will go off from 3.

What is nice about this team is all the weapons. Once Efton gets more comfortable on the offensive end and Monsanto comes back, we will be tough to match up. You got Sallis, Hildreth and Boopie (and arguably Carr) who can drain the 3 and drive the ball. Parker and Monsanto deadly from 3 as well. Have not had all these weapons in a long time and they SHARE the ball .
Efton is a necessary clog in the middle, would be nice to get 8-10 points and boards from him. Fun to watch
The sharing the ball aspect you mentioned really stands out to me. This team always seems to make the extra pass which is really surprising considering the # of new faces and the trust involved. There doesn't seem to be any ego issues with this team which is a testament to the culture that Forbes is building.

Back