• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 10 - Delaware State Hornets - Monday 12/18 - 7 pm - ACCN

Random comment, but Boopie had 2-3 mid-range fadeaways that were all net and got me irrationally excited.

I know he's short, but if he's hitting that shot he is pretty much unguardable.
Yes! With his quickness getting downhill, you are right...I don't know how you guard that when he knocks that shot down consistently.

Random comment, but Boopie had 2-3 mid-range fadeaways that were all net and got me irrationally excited.

I know he's short, but if he's hitting that shot he is pretty much unguardable.

I’m a full on Boopie fan already. We expected the speed but he’s shown that CP3 style midrange jumper and has looked tough taking it to the rack. Plus being really disruptive on defense. Really excited to see where he can go from here.

Last edited:
Boopie is exactly the kind of player you need to push from yearly bubble team to consistent NCAA team. We (hopefully) have him for 2 more years, his ceiling is, imho, borderline elite ACC point guard by the time he's a senior, and having PG locked down makes recruiting so much easier. Just a huge piece of the puzzle to lock into place that isn't just for one year.

I also think Efton will be fine, and that he was much more effective than the box score showed last night. He had a a number of hustle plays that were tip-outs or rebound battles that got us extra possessions even if they weren't official boards, and he fired a few excellent outlet passes to get us running. With a backcourt like Boopie/Cam/Sallis, you really don't want to make all of them crash the boards. When we have Keller or Marsh at the 5 they pretty much have to. But when Reid is in with either Carr or Marion you can send two guys running and get some easy buckets. I'm not sure how he missed that one footer, and this team still seems to be adjusting to incorporating post entry passes to a true 5, but I think he'll get there offensively at some point. But even before that he makes every quad 1 game on our schedule more winnable.

I am thinking (hoping?) that Reid is just one of those guys who plays better against normal tall P5 centers than teams like NJIT and DSU, where they are running weird ass zones/fronting the entire time with an immediate double team. We really just need him to rebound and play defense, then catch the occasional lob for an easy basket. Most of his points should come via offensive board putbacks or easy dunks. We don't need too much offensively from him. He's a pretty good passer, especially on outlets to get the fast break going. I just don't want him doing things that we don't need him to do, because that's where (in the past two games) he has gotten in trouble. If he can stay out of foul trouble that's also big.

I’d like to see Reid catch the ball closer to the basket. He’s flashing and calling for the ball 8-10 feet away a lot of the time. If he can dig a little deeper to start it seems like he may have a little bit better success with his back to the basket game? He may be setting up where he’s being told to though and that’s the gameplan

He is a great defensive center for us. Offense will come for him, but we’re a much, much better team with him even if it doesn’t.

I am thinking (hoping?) that Reid is just one of those guys who plays better against normal tall P5 centers than teams like NJIT and DSU, where they are running weird ass zones/fronting the entire time with an immediate double team. We really just need him to rebound and play defense, then catch the occasional lob for an easy basket. Most of his points should come via offensive board putbacks or easy dunks. We don't need too much offensively from him. He's a pretty good passer, especially on outlets to get the fast break going. I just don't want him doing things that we don't need him to do, because that's where (in the past two games) he has gotten in trouble. If he can stay out of foul trouble that's also big.
I was thinking something similar after the NJIT game. Reid might be more effective playing straight up against a traditional big center rather than a cluster of shorter jumping jacks. Over the course of the season, we will see for sure.

Small sample size but Reid has the highest rebounding rate since Doral Moore. I suspect Efton will show better in conference play.

The sharing the ball aspect you mentioned really stands out to me. This team always seems to make the extra pass which is really surprising considering the # of new faces and the trust involved. There doesn't seem to be any ego issues with this team which is a testament to the culture that Forbes is building.
Coaching and culture, you got that right. He recruits the right guys and no egos whatsoever. Hildreth, Carr, Boopie and Hunter all bust their asses the entire time they are out there and for as many minutes as they play you got to hand it to them. Playing basketball the right way makes it fun to watch.

All we need from reid is defense, rebounding and outlet passes. He’s doing pretty well with those three areas

Back