• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 10: USC Upstate - Saturday 7 pm LJVM - RSN

If you're compromised don't come to the games. If you're a healthy person and are fully vaccinated, and still don't want to come, then I didn't think you'd be coming regardless of the scenario. At some point you gotta live your life.

If you're compromised don't come to the games. If you're a healthy person and are fully vaccinated, and still don't want to come, then I didn't think you'd be coming regardless of the scenario. At some point you gotta live your life.

You can live your life in ways that don't risk you or someone close to you dying.

You can live your life in ways that don't risk you or someone close to you dying.

For almost all age groups, full vaccination against covid makes it less deadly than car crashes. With this logic I should be more concerned about getting in an accident on University Parkway than whether or not the other few hundred fans are wearing masks. Many infectious disease experts (including Bill Gates just a couple days ago for what that's worth) have said covid is never going to go away, and likely won't ever be all that much less of a nuisance than it is right now, which again is quite minuscule if fully vaccinated. If people want to stay inside forever than that is 100% up to them and not anybody else's business. I just personally find it quite sad, particularly when it involves parents making decisions for their young children based on fear mongering.

Last edited:
I was able to get a Cousin Eddie hat. What a shit show it was trying to get one. I forgot how people act when there is free shit being given away.

Not wearing a mask when there is a mask mandate shows a lack of character.

It also shows a lack of toughness. So many wimps out there who can't even put a piece of soft cloth on their face for 2 hours without whining about it.

I was able to get a Cousin Eddie hat. What a shit show it was trying to get one. I forgot how people act when there is free shit being given away.

All I could think of was the south park episode: Free Hat

Not wearing a mask when there is a mask mandate shows a lack of character.

Nah. Not getting vaccinated shows a lack of character. If fully vaccinated adults, who have had their booster, and are sitting in a group of people know they know don't want to keep the mask on the entire game, it doesn't make them low character people.

It also shows a lack of toughness. So many wimps out there who can't even put a piece of soft cloth on their face for 2 hours without whining about it.

I wear a mask 25 hours a week. I'm vaccinated and have my booster. Everyone in my group is vaccinated and has their booster. I'm not the problem. The ass holes who aren't vaccinated are the problem.

I also wear a mask when I'm at the games, other than when I have a beer in my hand, which is 80% of the time.

Also, SirDeacs and SC, if you guys really feel that way then you must think the vast majority of our fan base lack character and toughness, which is just y'all's opinions.

The mask mandate is an absolute joke. We are trying to appeal to the 5% scared of their shadow crowd.

I stand by that the immunocompromised shouldn't come to the games. Neither should people scared of catching COVID. If you come to the games, though, you shouldn't bitch about fully vaccinated people not earing their masks the entirety of the game.

I heard a lot of people went to the game early just to get the hat and then bounced.

I just personally find it quite sad, particularly when it involves parents making decisions for their young children based on fear mongering.

ok sport.

Aside from the fact that kids under 5 can’t be fully vaccinated, there’s also the part about teaching kids not to be selfish. The game/restaurant/store/etc asks us to wear masks to reduce the spread of disease. So we do it to show our kids that it’s more important to be kind to others and be a helper than to bitch and complain about the truly minor inconvenience of putting a mask on.

Kind of like going slightly out of our way to get that extra cart some asshole left in the parking space next to ours and putting it back in the corral.

No one really likes wearing a mask you know.

I heard a lot of people went to the game early just to get the hat and then bounced.

The hat give away wasn't handled very well. I was one of the first people they let through the doors (at exactly 6PM - not a minute sooner, despite the fact that it was raining outside) and there were none left by the time I got through the metal detectors. They had clearly given a lot of them away way before they opened the doors.

Back