• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 10: USC Upstate - Saturday 7 pm LJVM - RSN

Didn’t get to watch but will be watching the replay. Just checked box score and noticed McCray didn’t get minutes. Any idea why?

Didn’t get to watch but will be watching the replay. Just checked box score and noticed McCray didn’t get minutes. Any idea why?

He’s sick. He was on the bench but not dressed. Had a mask on.

Wow. That was a seriously strong (and bad) take from Pilch.

Nobody expected Williams to be this good, 1st team All-ACC good but he was obviously going to be a major improvement over last year.

The best was ELC saying he’s just a dunker as if that’s not a key part of the game we’ve been missing.

I wonder how many inches of road OU fans are devoting to Williams.

Does anybody on here stream via Twitch? It could be fun for somebody to run a live stream of games on their channel for folks who aren't able to get Ballys games.

Strick this is an awesome idea. Can someone set it up?

One of the dumber things about college basketball history is assists not being recognized as an "official" stat until the 1983-84 season.

One of the dumber things about college basketball history is assists not being recognized as an "official" stat until the 1983-84 season.

And yet....clearly effort was put into tracking them as a stat

Nobody expected Williams to be this good, 1st team All-ACC good but he was obviously going to be a major improvement over last year.

The best was ELC saying he’s just a dunker as if that’s not a key part of the game we’ve been missing.

I wonder how many inches of road OU fans are devoting to Williams.

I raise you with whoever said no one will remember Williams in 5 years, apparently he's marked his place in Wake history forever with the official first 'regular' triple double, and at worst the 3rd in our history. As Williams said he was surprised CP3 hadn't done it.

Williams triple double was the 6th in div 1 this year.

There are an average of 26 in the NCAA each year, so pretty darn unique accomplishment.

Last edited:
FWIW, zero mention of Wake or Williams on SC tonight. But hey Lacrosse made the top 10.

Had my last exam during the game today so I wasn't able to make it. Of course the one game I miss Alondes makes history. I hope every fan on this board, whether you're bought back in or still sitting on the sidelines seeing what this team can do, makes a real effort to get to the Joel in January. The early ACC home games against Cuse, Duke, and UNC should all be games any Wake fan should want to be present for. As disappointed as I have been with attendance so far I recognize we have only played one decent home game, and it was 9pm on a weeknight. USC Upstate isn't ever going to draw Wake fans from around the region to the Joel. Home games against our biggest rivals with our best team in years should absolutely draw in every fan who can possibly make the trip. It's going to be a ton of fun and you're not going to want to miss it. We all know how special it can be to buy in to this program, and it's time we put our money where our mouth is.

Had my last exam during the game today so I wasn't able to make it. Of course the one game I miss Alondes makes history. I hope every fan on this board, whether you're bought back in or still sitting on the sidelines seeing what this team can do, makes a real effort to get to the Joel in January. The early ACC home games against Cuse, Duke, and UNC should all be games any Wake fan should want to be present for. As disappointed as I have been with attendance so far I recognize we have only played one decent home game, and it was 9pm on a weeknight. USC Upstate isn't ever going to draw Wake fans from around the region to the Joel. Home games against our biggest rivals with our best team in years should absolutely draw in every fan who can possibly make the trip. It's going to be a ton of fun and you're not going to want to miss it. We all know how special it can be to buy in to this program, and it's time we put our money where our mouth is.

You had an exam at 7:00 on a Saturday night?

Man, times have changed.

I raise you with whoever said no one will remember Williams in 5 years, apparently he's marked his place in Wake history forever with the official first 'regular' triple double, and at worst the 3rd in our history. As Williams said he was surprised CP3 hadn't done it.

It's the second official triple-double. Duncan had one against Maryland.

The problem with attendance is there's a portion of the fanbase who won't attend because other fans aren't follows the mask requirements. The other portion doesn't want to go because they want want to be asked to wear a mask. Couple that with the decade preceding this season and you have a hell of a task for our ticket sales and sports marketing departments.

It's the second official triple-double. Duncan had one against Maryland.

He meant regular as in with assists. Duncan had a blocks triple double.

The problem with attendance is there's a portion of the fanbase who won't attend because other fans aren't follows the mask requirements. The other portion doesn't want to go because they want want to be asked to wear a mask. Couple that with the decade preceding this season and you have a hell of a task for our ticket sales and sports marketing departments.
I think it's much less to do with masks and much more to do with a tone-deaf AD who, by all appearances, loathed most fans and ran our flagship program into the depths of hell. Many have found other things to do with their time.

Back