• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 12: ACC Opener - Hokies Visit The Joel - Saturday 2pm - ESPN2

A cheap foul and a nice shot block to end the half up by 20. More please

Awesome defensive effort in the first half!

With about 3 mins left and up 12, I was totally prepared for a meltdown like Rutgers and for us to go into the half up 6. But this team got tough as hell even when they went cold. Up 20 lol.
classic
;)

Nice half Deacs. Now close this game out!

That was the best half of basketball from WF in quite some time. I loved the defense and taking care of the ball. My only complaint is that Forbes played Reid with 2 fouls. Unnecessary. Start the second half with the same defensive intensity and put the game away.

Wake offensive efficiency: 1.22 points per possession
VT offensive efficiency: .67 points per possession

36 possession half.

Lowest raw defensive efficiency we've had so far across a game was Delaware State at .814 points per possession. Keep it up.

Obviously we played great that half, but VT was also horrific independent of what we were doing. I’d expect them to look better this half even if we play at the same level.

I mean 12 turnovers in a half is awful regardless of how good the defense is

That was the best half of basketball from WF in quite some time. I loved the defense and taking care of the ball. My only complaint is that Forbes played Reid with 2 fouls. Unnecessary. Start the second half with the same defensive intensity and put the game away.

I like the aggressiveness. He stays out and they make a run this is a different game. Now we have a commanding game. It's a gamble. But I like it on occasion

Forbes will probably own up to that in the postgame

We have generally played pretty good defense without fouling in other games and maybe he was trying to get Reid some minutes trying to play like that. Reid needs to sag off a little there

Obviously we played great that half, but VT was also horrific independent of what we were doing. I’d expect them to look better this half even if we play at the same level.

I mean 12 turnovers in a half is awful regardless of how good the defense is
Yeah the good news is....they've spotted us 20.

Forbes generally plays guys with 2 fouls at some point. Wake starters with 2+ fouls in the first half have played 46% of the remaining minutes in the half so far this season. That's the 22nd most in the country

Back