• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 12: ACC Opener - Hokies Visit The Joel - Saturday 2pm - ESPN2

Forbes generally plays guys with 2 fouls at some point. Wake starters with 2+ fouls in the first half have played 46% of the remaining minutes in the half so far this season. That's the 22nd most in the country
"Be careful, Timmy."

Obviously we played great that half, but VT was also horrific independent of what we were doing. I’d expect them to look better this half even if we play at the same level.

I mean 12 turnovers in a half is awful regardless of how good the defense is
We created a lot of those with court to court defensive pressure

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

I have no problem with playing guys with two fouls with <4 minutes to go in the half.

Especially with the way Keller is playing, Wake is going to be fine even if Reid has to start the 2H on the bench. So keep the foot on the gas while they are struggling.

Reid hasn’t played a ton of basketball until recently. His instincts will get better, I think. They’re already pretty damn good but you can tell he needs more game reps

let's see what being up 20 on an acc opponent results in compared to being down 20 to a 300+ kenpom school
:)

I have no problem with playing guys with two fouls with <4 minutes to go in the half.

Especially with the way Keller is playing, Wake is going to be fine even if Reid has to start the 2H on the bench. So keep the foot on the gas while they are struggling.
Coaches should play guys with 2 fouls way more than they do

Let's see how it goes in the second half, but yes, that was clearly a very good first half except for Reid picking up #3 and, frankly, Forbes putting him back in to allow that to happen. That's not your dude to cover...no need to foul there. Allow the bucket. Reid has got to play smarter. I'm happy to see him get some points though, for sure. Wasn't expecting that three ball at all.

Keller still not good, but had consecutive defensive plays where he stayed in front of his guy. His best play was the hard foul on the guy going to the basket. That's what I want to see from him. But he still has poor instincts and gets beat badly away from the ball. That jump ball that happened early he was beat badly and the guy could've just dunked it had he handled it cleanly and gone up, but he waited and either Carr or Cam came over to help and it became a jump ball.

That Okie Scandinavian can shoot. Just effortless and natural and quick with his release.

Boopie making people look silly.

Cam doing Cam things. Wowing me one moment and infuriating me the next. I think he is my favorite Deac since CP3.

Carr is so much more effective with Reid back. It allows him to play his game and not Reid's.

Sallis is solid as usual.

Hope they toss that bitch out of the Joel who keeps screaming when our guys are taking FTs.

Is it wrong that Andrew Carr reminds me a little of Moes Schrute?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back