• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 12: ACC Opener - Hokies Visit The Joel - Saturday 2pm - ESPN2

I mean there's just nothing about metrics or numbers that care about the name of the team you play.

And like where would you draw the line? I mean nobody argues FAU should be below FGCU or Arizona below Stanford or Virginia below Notre Dame.

Understood but still we are relying on the metrics that puts VA tech above us.

I mean there's just nothing about metrics or numbers that care about the name of the team you play.

And like where would you draw the line? I mean nobody argues FAU should be below FGCU or Arizona below Stanford or Virginia below Notre Dame.
If the metrics are used to sort out teams, head 2 head has to matter. Something that will eventually be adjusted for as we get better at using metrics. To me is similar to the Oregon-Washington metrics this year in football. Oregon would like still be favored over Washington despite losing to them twice. That’s a flaw in the system.

If you’re saying that Wake and VT are virtually identically, and we beat the ever loving piss out of them bell to bell yesterday, that should matter.

Metrics are never going to change to include head to head as any kind of “boost” for close teams. Namely because it’s not particularly predictive at all. This type of analysis is why the NCAA has the quad wins and a committee: as resume breakdowns

Like I said in the other thread, today's NET matters 0% for anything. Only matters on Selection Sunday. Wake has 2.5 months to get to where they need to be. Also their resumes are almost identical (and of course metrics don't care if you beat someone head to head as far as sorting teams that are similar) both teams have beat up on Q3 and Q4 teams and have a combined 4 Q1-Q2 wins.
nobody should give a fuck about what some nerd has determined to be a quad 1 vs 2 win.

I understand why they don’t weight it at all early season but I think it would smooth out some of the inconsistencies that lead to ridicule. I also don’t like the use of the quad system in its current format at all. It’s too stark a drop punishment wise for a one spot change for teams on the margins

The NET will eventually catch up to KenPom. We are 43 in KP, VT is 66. Rather than get caught up in all the day-to-day machinations of the NET this year, I’m choosing to enjoy our team on a game-by-game basis. This is the most talented team I’ve seen since the Teague/JJ/Aminu days. I was all in on Wake against VT (betting wise) and they proved it a wise bet. I think this Wake team remains undervalued and will do so until they are viewed as a legit top 20 team. We have the talent of a Sweet 16 team. And if that’s where we’re headed, I will enjoy the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back