• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 12: ACC Opener - Hokies Visit The Joel - Saturday 2pm - ESPN2

Cam pulled a new one from his bag of tricks with what I can best describe as a hook shot lob pass from around the three point line to Reid for an easy 2. Cam guarded and initially thought that a hook shot from that far out is not a good thing. Until it was a pass to a wide open Reid and not a shot.

Our old Memorial Coliseum was an even worse dump: lighting so bad that you couldn't show games on t.v. w/o certain cameras, and the cig smoke with no ventilation to speak of left a noxious, grey cloud over the whole facility. Aisles were narrow, and the seats were almost on top of the court. And the parking lot was so dark that after-game fights and vandalism of vehicles of opposing fans was commonplace.
Come to think of it, that place was so bad that it was actually a good place for the home team.
Sounds like Cameron today

Have we ever had a team with three starters that can get into a lane with regularity and all being good finishers and creators?

Have we ever had a team with three starters that can get into a lane with regularity and all being good finishers and creators?
Duncan, Childress and LaRue/Rutland?

Three starters or three guards? If just pure starter counts, I’d say we had three on the 2009 team. Ish, Teague and Johnson could get into the paint and finish.

Three starters or three guards? If just pure starter counts, I’d say we had three on the 2009 team. Ish, Teague and Johnson could get into the paint and finish.
I was thinking more guards wing players that can take their man off the dribble and get into the lane. Yeah, the 2009 team was there.

Ituka is in street clothes and he gets in the lane at will. Not the finisher as these other guys, but it is a unique team, no doubt.

Miller just killed VT yesterday.

What's the word on Ituka's injury? Pretty confident he'll be able to play next season (for Wake or elsewhere)?

So satisfying to win three-straight against VT after seeing the program plunge below them in the Redacted/Manning years.

Order has been restored.
According to NET, VT is still better than us.

Like I said in the other thread, today's NET matters 0% for anything. Only matters on Selection Sunday. Wake has 2.5 months to get to where they need to be. Also their resumes are almost identical (and of course metrics don't care if you beat someone head to head as far as sorting teams that are similar) both teams have beat up on Q3 and Q4 teams and have a combined 4 Q1-Q2 wins.

Like I said in the other thread, today's NET matters 0% for anything. Only matters on Selection Sunday. Wake has 2.5 months to get to where they need to be. Also their resumes are almost identical (and of course metrics don't care if you beat someone head to head as far as sorting teams that are similar) both teams have beat up on Q3 and Q4 teams and have a combined 4 Q1-Q2 wins.
you know more than I do about the metrics I am sure but if you have pretty much identical records and you beat the shit of them, you should be rated higher. Does not give me confidence in the system. We got hosed two years ago as Forbes has pointed out.

Back