• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 12: WF v. Charlotte - HOF Shootout - Friday 9pm ACCN

I have long believed that was one of the big intangible losses during that 10 year drought. The loss of family memory making especially between the generations. You can’t really put a price on that. I know it has been sad for me not to be able to share wake basketball joys with my kids until more recently.

Same. Watched games with my dad all the time. Since I could not stomach ronnie's wf bball bs I stopped watching. Can't beg my kids to watch with me now (9 and 12)

I don’t think my family understands how much good Wake basketball will change our Spring plans. I haven’t scheduled around Wake hoops in 10 years since before my youngest was born. I basically stopped watching the opening weekend of the NCAAT because we travelled for Spring Break and I wasn’t missing anything from Wake.

Same. Watched games with my dad all the time. Since I could not stomach ronnie's wf bball bs I stopped watching. Can't beg my kids to watch with me now (9 and 12)

Bring them to a couple big games this year. Once they see a big win in person they'll be hooked. I was a huge college basketball fan with almost 0 interest in Wake as a freshman and sophomore since we were so bad, then once I saw us beat Duke in person I've been following it so closely and going to almost every single home game.

I think we see a big bounce-back game from Davien. He usually gashes teams that don't have a rim protector.

He's so good attacking the rim but when Alondes is doing that as well as he was Daivien knew to just stay out of the way. He'll be back with plenty of big games.

Bring them to a couple big games this year. Once they see a big win in person they'll be hooked. I was a huge college basketball fan with almost 0 interest in Wake as a freshman and sophomore since we were so bad, then once I saw us beat Duke in person I've been following it so closely and going to almost every single home game.

I'm not in the area unfortunately. not sure i'll be able to get there in person. maybe late season.

I'm not in the area unfortunately. not sure i'll be able to get there in person. maybe late season.

Yeah. I may try to bring my family to a game next season. Maybe we can get a football/basketball weekend in Nov.

I don’t think my family understands how much good Wake basketball will change our Spring plans. I haven’t scheduled around Wake hoops in 10 years since before my youngest was born. I basically stopped watching the opening weekend of the NCAAT because we travelled for Spring Break and I wasn’t missing anything from Wake.

My wife really has no idea the amount of sports I hope to watch in the next year with both hoops and football going strong. She thought I watched too much sports the past ten years and I tell her actually I’ve watched very little compared to my single days when wake had good hoops teams

Luckily there are a solid amount of Saturday home games in January and February. I'm going to be living in New York post grad and I'm targeting at least two football and two basketball games a year. Hopefully one relatively close away football game and then whichever in state rival we play at home, and then two convenient Saturday basketball games. We'll see how realistic that many weekends not working is for a first year investment banker lol but that's the goal

My wife really has no idea the amount of sports I hope to watch in the next year with both hoops and football going strong. She thought I watched too much sports the past ten years and I tell her actually I’ve watched very little compared to my single days when wake had good hoops teams
This is the answer, right here

We moved from NC to Ohio in 2006 when my son was 16 months old. My wife and I are both from NC and attended college there. I have been a Wake fan all of my life. My dad is the starting legacy having gone to Wake when it was in the town of Wake Forest. My brother and his wife went there and graduated in 77 & 78. I got to see Rod Griffin graduate as well. I didn't get to go to Wake (too much fun in high school = grades not good enough) but I was ALWAYS a Wake fan. My son, having only lived in NC for 16 months is a TOTAL Wake Forest fan! He wears the gear to school and has always told his friends not to sleep on the Deacs because our day is coming. And among all of these tOSU fans I fly a big WF flag on a 30' flag pole just under the American flag in my front yard. Actually, all of my Buckeye neighbors are very supportive of Wake because of my exuberance for the Deacs! "Proud to be a Deacon" We're Deacon fans NO MATTER WHAT.

I bought 20 tickets for my family to attend the BC game and we will all be VERY loud! Can't wait to get to the Joel and spend some dough at the Deacon shop! See y'all there!

Go Deacs!!

Yeah. Great post.

This is the answer, right here

It really is. I don't think my wife has a concept of hoops season when I lived in NC going to 2 or 3 basketball games a week. I'm trying to imagine being married with kids and just leaving on Tuesday night to make a 9:00 tip and coming back home at 12:30 or so like it's nothing. Thankfully, I got League Pass last year so she's used to me watching some hoops every night.

I'm in my fifties and a life long Lions fan. LOWF doesn't even touch the surface......

I can't imagine being in a fanbase that looks back fondly on the Caldwell years.

My daughter is 13, and loves both Wake football and basketball. The hoops thing is pretty incredible, as she has no actual memories of a full, loud, amped Joel.

Was talking with my oldest this AM before school. We're tuning in tonight on the big screen downstairs. She told me she watched the game Tuesday night and I asked her how because Hulu Live doesn't have Bally but I guess since we have Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ she was able to stream it. My dumb ass was upstairs binging Mad Men with the wife while keep tabs on the game via the WF app.

I will be there on the floor! Looking forward to cheering on another win. Go Deacs!

Are you going to be there for the first three games?

If not, I'm pulling into CLT now & I volunteer to keep your seat warm for you. :thumbsup:

I sent you a dm.

My son turns 2 tomorrow. Watched the Pinstripe Bowl in the hospital while holding him. Hopefully next season will be his first in-person football game -- thinking the VMI game and sitting on the hill, so easy to leave with hopefully the outcome not in doubt.

will be fantastic if I can start him off with good basketball at an early age.

Back