• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 12: WF v. Charlotte - HOF Shootout - Friday 9pm ACCN

Hard to believe some are happy with the player who played 20 minutes and had no points and two assists, pretty low bar.

Hard to believe some are happy with the player who played 20 minutes and had no points and two assists, pretty low bar.

Half the game is defense. He played his best defensive game of the year and was one of our better defenders on the court at times.

No turnovers in 20 minutes, 2 dimes for layups at critical times and multiple nice possessions on both sides of the court. We don't need Whitt to be a scorer. We need him to take the pressure off Manman and Williamson, protect the basketball, and not be a total pushover on defense. If we sucked and needed him to score he would, but that would mean we suck. Whitt not filling the stat sheet is a good team problem. He'll be plenty useful as an upperclassman.

Whitt biggest problem by far is his defense, and in the second half he struggled less than usual, and he didn't turn the ball over while throwing a couple important passes for easy scores. We'll take that versus what we got in the first half and what we got in a lot of games so far. His second biggest problem is he's not hitting open 3s but I'm not as worried about that because his form isn't too bad or anything.

Whitt biggest problem by far is his defense, and in the second half he struggled less than usual, and he didn't turn the ball over while throwing a couple important passes for easy scores. We'll take that versus what we got in the first half and what we got in a lot of games so far. His second biggest problem is he's not hitting open 3s but I'm not as worried about that because his form isn't too bad or anything.

This is really a totally different team this year. I think it is taking time for some guys to find where they fit in and their role. Mucius got off to a rough start but has definitely come around and looks more comfortable. I think the same will happen with Whitt as the season moves on.

This is really a totally different team this year. I think it is taking time for some guys to find where they fit in and their role. Mucius got off to a rough start but has definitely come around and looks more comfortable. I think the same will happen with Whitt as the season moves on.

Whitt has basically the same role as last year. He should be pretty settled in at this point.

So who should have played those minutes? Or would you be happy if Carter took more shots and ManMan and Zay took less? 5 guys on the floor at any time filling different roles. Embrace success and coaching.

Whitt has basically the same role as last year. He should be pretty settled in at this point.

He really does not have the same role when you now have Williams and Williamson in the back court. Much of the time last year when he was in he was running the point. Not so much this year. Just think when you add a guy like Williams it changes things for everyone. He is the dominant ball handler and scorer. Not sure how you can have the same role at guard when you have him on the team. And thank god he is on the team.

I see notable defensive improvement in Carter Whitt. He also is more aggressive in the rebounding department seems to me.

I thought he cut off his man and fought through screens well. Williamson is by far our best player at fighting through screens, but Whitt was second best last game.

I thought he cut off his man and fought through screens well. Williamson is by far our best player at fighting through screens, but Whitt was second best last game.

That is one of the (mostly unnoticed) improvements to his game. That should get even better as he continues to physically mature and get stronger.

Forbes convinced him to come to Wake last year at this time and essentially handed him the keys. This fall Williams arrived and Whitt's role changed dramatically. I suspect he is still trying to figure out how to best perform his new role.

Back