• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 12: WF v. Charlotte - HOF Shootout - Friday 9pm ACCN

KP will work itself out. There is still a significant preseason bias in there that should be gone by mind-January.

If we go 11-9, the KP will be much better than it is now.

KP will work itself out. There is still a significant preseason bias in there that should be gone by mind-January.

If we go 11-9, the KP will be much better than it is now.

Yea that’s for sure but it might still not be high enough. The ACC isn’t getting its usual 7+ bids so we need to target a minimum of top 6. 11-9 probably isn’t quite there.

You can still get and pass virus after vaccination.

Truly enlightening.
Whether you want to admit it or not, the rates of infection and spreading of the disease are greatly reduced with vaccination.

Truly enlightening.
Whether you want to admit it or not, the rates of infection and spreading of the disease are greatly reduced with vaccination.
No disagreement there at all. Redwing's post made it sound like they thought the vaccine was a 100% deterrent. Just stating that it wasnt.

Last edited:
No disagreement there at all. Redwing's post made it sound like they thought the vaccine was a 100% deterrent. Just stating that it wasnt.

I think the point is that how much time you missed depends on if you are vaccinated. Protocols for an asymptomatic vaccinated player with a close contact are likely different than protocols for an asymptomatic unvaccinated player with a close contact.

By rule it is 100% effective in making you not have to quarantine after a contact trace, unless you develop symptoms. Jake seems to be the only unvaccinated player or coach but he is obviously very important.

I think the point is that how much time you missed depends on if you are vaccinated. Protocols for an asymptomatic vaccinated player with a close contact are likely different than protocols for an asymptomatic unvaccinated player with a close contact.

If you are vaccinated you do not need to quarantine at all according to the CDC unless you yourself develop symptoms. That is why when 2 coaches missed the VT game with positive tests, the rest of the staff that didn't test positive was fine even though they were very likely all considered close contacts.

If you are vaccinated you do not need to quarantine at all according to the CDC unless you yourself develop symptoms. That is why when 2 coaches missed the VT game with positive tests, the rest of the staff that didn't test positive was fine even though they were very likely all considered close contacts.

Yep so if that’s the guidance then it’s dumb that we are even testing asymptomatic vaccinated players.

Yep so if that’s the guidance then it’s dumb that we are even testing asymptomatic vaccinated players.

LaRavia was identified via contact tracing. Next actions came about because of his status.

I’m not trying to turn this into a COVID thread, but it’s still mind boggling to me that people are choosing to not get vaccinated. It’s both selfish and stupid.

I think it’s still mandated at the NCAA level. I am a prof at a D3 school and they even get tested multiple times a week.

Vaccinated players and staff do not have to undergo surveillance testing at ACC schools.

Back