• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 12: WF v. Charlotte - HOF Shootout - Friday 9pm ACCN

19 games left, all in the conference. Need to win 10 more to get to the tournament.

What are the HIPPA rules, people act like coaches are free to just provide health information on players to the media.

I am sure there are Wake policies that prohibit him from commenting about certain things but this has nothing to do with HIPPA, which had its meaning totally misrepresented by that idiot from Georgia in the senate.

Quick wikipedia search:
It generally prohibits healthcare providers and healthcare businesses, called covered entities, from disclosing protected information to anyone other than a patient and the patient's authorized representatives without their consent. It does not prohibit patients from voluntarily sharing their health information however they choose, or – if they disclose medical information to family members, friends, or other individuals not a part of a covered entity – legally require them to maintain confidentiality.

Unless Forbes was made an authorized representative by a guy like Damari, for example, he wouldn't be able to just ask a healthcare provider who performed his achilles surgery to disclose information about it. However, when Damari tells the Wake staff and trainers about his recovery, Forbes would be free to go on TV and give a whole run down of what he learned, barring additional limitations from Wake Forest.

Assuming by “absolutely nothing” in reference to Whitt, you meant scoring. He was solid in the second half at a time when wheel was otherwise wanting to come off of the wagon for us.

Whitt was solid. These guys are freshmen. They will be inconsistent but hopefully by the end of the year we will see improvement and next year they both will be consistently solid for us.

This is all true which is why I believe Jake to most likely be unvaccinated, or to have tested positive which I don't think was the case.

I was under the impression Wake had a vaccine mandate to attend.??

19 games left, all in the conference. Need to win 10 more to get to the tournament.

In a normal year, yes. This year the ACC has been largely horrendous and will most likely receive only 3-5 tournament bids. Right now it appears that after Duke and possibly Carolina it is going to be a jumbled mess from about 3rd-10th or 11th. If that's the case then the conference likely won't have a lot of teams with 13+ wins and will instead have a lot between 8-12 and 12-8. Avoiding losses to Pitt and BC will be paramount for all of the teams trying to separate themselves.
With our weak out of conference schedule, even after going 10-1, I think we need a minimum of 12 conference wins to go dancing unless we can make a run to a semifinal or final in Brooklyn.

Even sitting at 11-1 with wins over Northwestern and VT our Kenpom ranking is in the 60s. Yes that factors in preseason bias but it's still a big metric. This needs to be at worst around 45 to get an at large bid. Having an away win at VT under our belt already is freaking massive as we saw the potential they have in their game last night. Playing there away is probably one of the hardest 4 possible ACC fixtures this year. Beating BC is an absolute must on Wednesday. Winning at Louisville would be absolutely huge and our next game after that is at Miami, which is one we should be at least capable of winning as well if we want to play in the tourney.

There are four home games that we absolutely should win (BC, ND, Pitt, Miami). Take care of those and we get to 5 wins. Beyond that we have:
A tier of 5 games we should win but they're not exactly gimmes: Syracuse, @GT, FSU, State, @Miami
A tier of 7 realistic big wins: @Louisville, @UVA, @Syracuse, @FSU, @State, @Clemson, Louisville
3 remaining possible major resume statements: Duke, @Duke, UNC. [@VT falls here and we have that]

If we can win the four home games I identified, 3 or 4 of the 5 that we should win, and 2 or 3 of the 7 in the realistic big wins tier, that puts us at 11-9 but with only 3 or 4 wins against a likely tournament team unless NW does well in the B10. That resume likely doesn't get us in. We'll need to either win one or two more of the middle tier games or grab another statement win, meaning 12-8 is probably what we need. Just avoid bad losses at all costs. We have the hardest conference schedule of any ACC team and only Pitt and BC once each, so we must win them both and we need to win at home.

I was under the impression Wake had a vaccine mandate to attend.??

They were pretty lenient in terms of exemptions. I have a couple friends who watch a little too much Tucker Carlson and they got exemptions. I believe it was intended as a medical or religious exemption but as perfectly healthy guys that I think are both Christian and definitely aren’t even religious they shouldn’t just be given exemptions, but they were. Jake is definitely very much religious/evangelical based on social media so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the 1 unvaccinated individual Forbes said we have.

Literally any of them. Our play will drop dramatically when they’re in, but we need to find a way to get to the last 5 minutes with our key guys having something left in the tank.

Ok, reality check here.
we lost a potential starter injured this summer, we had a reserve Big trfr out even after playing a game that costs him this year's eligibility, our 2nd best player is in H&S Protocol, our true frosh guard is also in H&S for ?, Hildreth and Sy get silly fouls in no minutes. that leaves Carter, Matt and Lucas. I am a bit surprised Matt didnt get a few first half minutes especially with Sy in foul trouble. We are freaking fortunate to have a stud trfr star(maybe eventually 2) and a coach who can work and will us to 11-1.

Ok, reality check here.
we lost a potential starter injured this summer, we had a reserve Big trfr out even after playing a game that costs him this year's eligibility, our 2nd best player is in H&S Protocol, our true frosh guard is also in H&S for ?, Hildreth and Sy get silly fouls in no minutes. that leaves Carter, Matt and Lucas. I am a bit surprised Matt didnt get a few first half minutes especially with Sy in foul trouble. We are freaking fortunate to have a stud trfr star(maybe eventually 2) and a coach who can work and will us to 11-1.

All excellent points that I second. Never mind us in the last decade, how many other current ACC teams can lose their second best player and the guy that would have taken some of his minutes, and win back to back games against kenpom 200s opponents? How many ACC teams this year survived non conference without losing a buy game or to a mid major? The answer to that is 4, including us. Yes we played the easiest schedule and our mid major opponents were mostly kenpom 250+ not decent A10 teams but still starting 11-1 with two top 50 wins, one on the road, including two wins without your second best player, is as good as we could have hoped for even though it was ugly at times. We have a lot to work on but so does almost everybody in the ACC.

They were pretty lenient in terms of exemptions. I have a couple friends who watch a little too much Tucker Carlson and they got exemptions. I believe it was intended as a medical or religious exemption but as perfectly healthy guys that I think are both Christian and definitely aren’t even religious they shouldn’t just be given exemptions, but they were. Jake is definitely very much religious/evangelical based on social media so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the 1 unvaccinated individual Forbes said we have.

Thanks for the boots on the ground report

Ugh if Laravia ends up being actually sick that’s going to be a killer.

Ugh if Laravia ends up being actually sick that’s going to be a killer.

Doesn’t seem to be the case. Last I heard it was not a positive test just a contact traced from the women’s team to him, and from what I have heard it was a tiny contact that probably shouldn’t have even counted.

NJDeac'22, I think that speculation about the size of Jake's anatomy is way out of bounds...

Doesn’t seem to be the case. Last I heard it was not a positive test just a contact traced from the women’s team to him, and from what I have heard it was a tiny contact that probably shouldn’t have even counted.

Good to hear, thanks. Just very nervous after what happened last season.

This should be a lesson to whomever on the team isn't vaccinated. Even a "tiny contact" could make you miss games and potentially hurt the team.

LFG baby, we are about to be a real force!!

Back