• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 13B: WF at L'ville - 8 pm ACC Network (for now)

Nope, too busy arguing for months and months about whether a bunch of refs who can barely get charge/block calls right 50% of the time should now also try to judge whether a player flops to the ground through adequate or inadequate levels of contact and adding more fouls for it. Oh and insignificant, overly complicated changes to how timeouts (and the multitude of media timeouts thanks to no quarters) work. And also picking rules to "emphasize" which essentially admits there are some rules that are real and others that are suggestions just to make sure every ref has the opportunity to create their own version of the actual rules.

College basketball is such fucking trash.

I love college basketball.
We have a great coach.
And Whitt is a freshman, for Christ’ sake.
There will be games when a team cannot even dunk a shot. We had one of those games with almost everybody missing badly wide open shots, and we almost won, at Louisville.

it's a frustrating game because we definitely snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and got totally boned by the officials in ways that are all too normal for Wake fans (questionable foul trouble for every player that was effective against them) and clearly wrong ways (the stupid clock issue)

worst combo and i'm not going to take anything out of that game beyond the fact that we looked awesome for stretches

Couldn't watch the game because I'm overseas (that was probably the difference :) ), but watched Forbes presser. Said he couldn't understand why the shot clock was reset. I'm sure this is going the the league office not that it matters at this point.

Said we fouled to much, of course he can't complain about the officials or he get fined.

He did highlight several defensive lapses down the stretch and also how the team screwed up the play they called after a timeout.

I do wonder if he got on the refs at East Tenn. From what I've seen, he's doesn't visibly work the refs hard. He's a likeable guy he can probably push the refs a lot more than he's doing.

If y’all want to bitch about me ‘wondering’ based on what I’m able to see I guess people wanted to be jerks about it. I think the wake education would allowed the correct interpretation of my clear statement. But I guess not.

Back