• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 13B: WF at L'ville - 8 pm ACC Network (for now)

They also beat a pretty good Mississippi St. and OK Maryland team. Western Kentucky is decent, and that was on the road.

The Cards are likely a tourney team.

L. Oh. Fucking. L.

We didn’t play well, got some terrible calls and were still competitive. I hate that we lost to Louisville. They’re such a piece of shit institution.

I still cannot get over that Noah Locke, a total fucking chucker and 31% shooter (unsure if that includes today, if so it’s even worse), shot 5 of 7 from 3. Two of them were incredibly clutch and at least 4-5 of them were really poor, well-contested shots early in the shot clock. If he just misses one more we likely win. 2 more we definitely win. Thems the breaks.

I feel better about our program than I have in years. Decent coach, a few good players - I don't put a bag over my head pre-game anymore. But, no depth - sorry, but Whitt is not a capable player at this level, so the fact that he gets minutes is telling ... #2centsorwhatever

I still cannot get over that Noah Locke, a total fucking chucker and 31% shooter (unsure if that includes today, if so it’s even worse), shot 5 of 7 from 3. Two of them were incredibly clutch and at least 4-5 of them were really poor, well-contested shots early in the shot clock. If he just misses one more we likely win. 2 more we definitely win. Thems the breaks.

Yup. Plus the tight officiating was going to make it almost impossible to pull off a road W down the stretch.

Yup. Plus the tight officiating was going to make it almost impossible to pull off a road W down the stretch.

Right. Despite all that we covered against a bubble team on the road.

Cardinals out shot the Deacs from the field, three and the line in the second half for the win.

Foul trouble put the Deacs at a disadvantage they were unable to overcome. Playing on your home court was a definite advantage for Louisville tonight. The refs should be ashamed of themselves for a far too frequent whistle that completely dominated the pace and character of the game.

Thought the Deacon defensive effort was good until the refs took over. When you shoot 38% from the field and 26% from three you will lose on the road.

The Deacons lack a shooter off the bench.

I feel better about our program than I have in years. Decent coach, a few good players - I don't put a bag over my head pre-game anymore. But, no depth - sorry, but Whitt is not a capable player at this level, so the fact that he gets minutes is telling ... #2centsorwhatever

Hate to agree re: Whitt, but I agree. He’s too weak to play at this level. The only way I think he can open up the offense and drive the open lane is to hit open shots, which he hasn’t done consistently. Hate it because I think he’s actually very skilled, but he needs to spend his free time in the weight room and work on his shooting.

That’s a bad loss because it was a winnable game and we basically need to go 13-7 to make the tourney.

Did you have us 11-2 after this game? The worst any of ESPN’s writers had UL was 6th. We got hosed by the refs but we are pretty dang good.

Last thought…getting Monsanto back would be huge. We really need a sniper from 3 when our shots aren’t falling

This. I’m upset over an ACC road loss. That’s something I haven’t felt in a while

It is great to care about basketball again and Forbes has done an excellent job getting us this competitive in a short time. However, I thought we should beat Louisville. The refs were awful but Forbes was also soft and let them get away with it. Mack seemed to be working them much harder. We also have no inside presence at all. All of our bigs want to shoot 3s and we cannot finish close to the basket. Still a lot of work to do but I think we are on the right track

Even playing 5 on 8 we led for 22 mins on the road.

Need to get a road win at miami!

Dinger said at the end of the first half that Wake was going to regret not building a bigger lead when UL didn't have a bucket for 8 minutes.

Back