• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 14: VT Hokies @ LJVM - Saturday Noon - Regional Sports Networks

Cam with 8 boards and 4 assists on a tough day considering VATech's length.

27 boards for the Cam/Marsh/Carr/Klintman group. Really good work.

I love Hildreth. Effort overcomes a lot.

If I have one quibble with him it’s that he still can’t shoot from the outside. Under 30% from 3 on the season. Imagine how dangerous he could be if he shot 35%+ from out there and defenders had to respect his shot. Hopefully we find out his Jr/Sr years.

Production from Carr and to a much smaller degree, Klintman, is going to determine how far we can go, IMHO.

Also, I may have missed it but any idea why Keller didn’t play?

Tyree is such a stud my god. Just kept delivering down the stretch. Monsanto with two huge FTs at the end. Daivien looked a bit more like himself today. Love that for him and for us. Carr did a lot of nice things. Group effort on the boards was awesome, especially in the last minute.

Production from Carr and to a much smaller degree, Klintman, is going to determine how far we can go, IMHO.

Also, I may have missed it but any idea why Keller didn’t play?

Agreed. 6+ points from Carr is a huge difference maker for this team against good teams.

Bobi had some interesting flashes today. A couple of near misses at the rim. He’s really close to putting it together and having a couple nice games.

I love Hildret's hustle and rebounding, inho his only problem is that he makes good strong moves to the basket but somehow misses a lot of makeable shots.
I agree 100% that Hildreth hustles probably more than anyone else on the team. That’s why he is getting playing time. However, high effort doesn’t mean great fundamentals.

He’s not a guard and should be a 3 or 4, but since Wake doesn’t have a legit PG, Hildreth is left as one of the primary ball handlers (which is actually really scary when one thinks about the latter).

I agree 100% that Hildreth hustles probably more than anyone else on the team. That’s why he is getting playing time. However, high effort doesn’t mean great fundamentals.

He’s not a guard and should be a 3 or 4, but since Wake doesn’t have a legit PG, Hildreth is left as one of the primary ball handlers (which is actually really scary when one thinks about the latter).
Man, step away for a bit. Hildreth is a really good player for us. Also, saying he should be a 3 or a 4 is an idiotic take.

Hildreth has his limitations but does lots of things above average

his best games are the ones he stays in his lane and he’s been doing that more consistently as the season progresses

I love Hildreth. Effort overcomes a lot.

If I have one quibble with him it’s that he still can’t shoot from the outside. Under 30% from 3 on the season. Imagine how dangerous he could be if he shot 35%+ from out there and defenders had to respect his shot. Hopefully we find out his Jr/Sr years.
This. Those of y’all that are shitting me on see Hildreth’s effort and are overlooking his flaws.

Next time he misses another wide open layup or dribbles the ball off his leg out of bounds, remember these posts. He will cost us games.

This. Those of y’all that are shitting me on see Hildreth’s effort and are overlooking his flaws.

Next time he misses another wide open layup or dribbles the ball off his leg out of bounds, remember these posts. He will cost us games.
Honest question, do you think he is a net positive or net negative?

Back