• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 14: VT Hokies @ LJVM - Saturday Noon - Regional Sports Networks

Monsanto is a disaster. Terrible shot. Too many stupid ass turnovers by Appleby. This team is very difficult to pull for….
Anyone who watched Florida the past two seasons could have told you about the turnovers. But with Ty, you've gotta take the good with the bad. He's been electric for us.

I can’t believe anyone is seriously arguing that Hildreth is not currently a net positive.

Therefore, bama must be trolling.

Hildreth right now reminds me of a poor man’s JHo. He doesn’t have Howard’s length, but if you compare him to Howard before Howard developed a consistent shot, I think there’s a lot in common.

Of course, Howard did develop that midrange shot and became a serviceable three point shooter. But Cam is just a sophomore.

We did land him - but he plays for the Memphis grizzlies now.

Seems like Forbes was legitimately blindsided that he’d be gone this fast.
Eh, Mutts and Laravia are very different players IMHO. I see your point, though.

Bobi had some interesting flashes today. A couple of near misses at the rim. He’s really close to putting it together and having a couple nice games.
Pleased to see so many notice Bobi's potential. Hoping that some shots start dropping for him. His length creates a lot of problems on defense. Good rebounder as well.

I can’t believe anyone is seriously arguing that Hildreth is not currently a net positive.

Therefore, bama must be trolling.

Hildreth right now reminds me of a poor man’s JHo. He doesn’t have Howard’s length, but if you compare him to Howard before Howard developed a consistent shot, I think there’s a lot in common.

Of course, Howard did develop that midrange shot and became a serviceable three point shooter. But Cam is just a sophomore.

I get y’all don’t agree with me on Hildreth, but to all of those that have been shitting on me, y’all have got to agree that even mentioning Hildreth in the same sentence with Josh Howard is sacrilegious.

PT is based on practice, according to Forbes.

If I’m not mistaken - Forbes has gone with the exact same 8 man rotation for each of the last two wins.

I get there are lots of nits to pick with these guys but why can’t we just enjoy the fact that we held our composure for the last two games against quality competition and never truly were at risk of losing either game. We put ourselves in position to get the wins.

That’s something I can’t recall happening for us on quite some time. Forbes is going places with this program. It won’t be easy but he’s going to make it happen.

If you can’t shoot and you are a top rebounder, you are a 3. He’s really an undersized 4

The fact that multiple people are debating what position Hildreth plays helps prove my point that he shouldn’t be a primary ball handler.

40 minutes for Appleby.

I assume he was getting subbed out when he got fouled at the 11 minute mark.

He is great. Incredible how Forbes takes good players to NBA level talent.

And he will have no gas left in the tank by March unless we trust someone, anyone to sub in for him for 3 or 4 minutes.

It would be great if Ituka could get to the point where he can contribute 5-7 minutes a game.

Probably a defensive liability, but I could also see a Cam, DW, Damari, Carr, Marsh spell for a few but that means finding a blow for other guys when we'd ideally like them on the court with Tyree.

40 minutes for Appleby.

And he will have no gas left in the tank by March unless we trust someone, anyone to sub in for him for 3 or 4 minutes.
There’s no one else to trust to handle the ball.

40 minutes for Appleby.

It has to be Jao. We need him to play well for 5-10 mins/game in the 2nd half of the season. Really hope his leg injury is what’s keeping him back right now and that he’s fully healed in late January/early February.

We did land him - but he plays for the Memphis grizzlies now.

Seems like Forbes was legitimately blindsided that he’d be gone this fast.

We got Sy after Mutts went to VaTech.
The silver lining is that chasing Mutts may have put Carr on Wake's radar screen and vice versa. Both went to U of Delaware.

If I’m not mistaken - Forbes has gone with the exact same 8 man rotation for each of the last two wins.

I get there are lots of nits to pick with these guys but why can’t we just enjoy the fact that we held our composure for the last two games against quality competition and never truly were at risk of losing either game. We put ourselves in position to get the wins.

That’s something I can’t recall happening for us on quite some time. Forbes is going places with this program. It won’t be easy but he’s going to make it happen.

Well said. We all know this isn’t an NCAA Tournament team right now. We all know the players have flaws. It’s not worth bitching about because we know these players are getting better and maybe we’ll see enough improvement to make a program milestone this season.

Yeah we've stayed in roughly the same 15-20 ranking spots all year metrics wise between 65-85. That's essentially what this team is right now. That being said, we've put ourselves in position to be in position if we continue improving. The LSU win would be nice, but the flip side is we squeaked out the Utah Valley and App games so that's more than a fair trade. If we can beat UNC on the road Wednesday (should be 7 point underdogs or so), the next five games are the easiest stretch you can get in the ACC this season. Even with a loss at UNC, if we can go 4-1 over that stretch we are sitting at 14-6 (6-3 ACC) with 11 games left and we'd be within striking distance of the Tournament.

It's going to be a pretty solid ask to get to the dance but it's not inconceivable entering 2023.

Excuse me...what is this fuckery?

I don't hate on Hildreth but that is an awful comparison.

Back