• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 15: FSU @ LJVM: Tuesday 7 pm RSN - Bally Sports

Totally agree with the above. He just needs time and needs to spend as many hours in the weight room as possible from this day forward. He’s got great basketball skills. My guess is that he will be a force by his Junior year.

Yeah. His junior year is two years from now. Give him time. Thankfully Forbes has built a team that doesn’t require Whitt to have to do too much.

Totally agree with the above. He just needs time and needs to spend as many hours in the weight room as possible from this day forward. He’s got great basketball skills. My guess is that he will be a force by his Junior year.

To me, it looks like Whitt doesn't have much use for shaving cream just yet. That could make a big difference in his ability to add muscle to his body.

I agree that we need to give Whitt the benefit of the doubt right now, as long as he can accept a somewhat limited role. The biggest issue with Whitt is that , for whatever reason, he is playing tentatively and without confidence. In one of the recent road games he hit a floater in the lane early on, and his whole demeanor changed. He is scared to make a turnover, or miss more than one three ball — not sure how that changes until he is on the court more—which isn’t deserved at this point.

Good lord, enough about Carter. He is a kid. Has great skills and when he matures is going to be a helluvaplayer. We can develop hoops talent just like football for god sake. Has to get stronger that’s all. He will

Good lord, enough about Carter. He is a kid. Has great skills and when he matures is going to be a helluvaplayer. We can develop hoops talent just like football for god sake. Has to get stronger that’s all. He will

I'm all for optimism but saying all he has to do is get bigger is just not accurate. Outside shot and his confidence in that shot needs to improve. Ball handling and decision making needs to improve. For a guy who's best attributes are his passing and handle, having a 26 to 28 assist to turnover ratio isn't good enough. Not saying he won't develop, and I hope he will, but I don't see it yet and saying it's just about strength isn't accurate.

I'm all for optimism but saying all he has to do is get bigger is just not accurate. Outside shot and his confidence in that shot needs to improve. Ball handling and decision making needs to improve. For a guy who's best attributes are his passing and handle, having a 26 to 28 assist to turnover ratio isn't good enough. Not saying he won't develop, and I hope he will, but I don't see it yet and saying it's just about strength isn't accurate.

Exactly how i feel, great post.

Back