• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 15: @ FSU Tuesday (yikes) 7 pm ACCN

This one is pretty similar to the BC game in my eyes in that I'd expect to win if it was at home, but on the road it's not the end of the world if we lose this one. As this fanbase should know, ACC road games are hard even against some of the bottom teams. And I think that FSU's talent level is much better than their current results would indicate.

I'd feel much worse about this game without Efton, but with him I do think that we match up pretty well. We should be able to defend the paint well enough, and I don't think they have the ability to guard Boopie/Sallis/Cam successfully.

FWIW, this type of game is exactly why the NET quad system works the way it does in terms of home/road game differences. This game is solidly a Q2 game, but would be a Q3 game if we played FSU at home. And I think that's pretty accurate, I'd be very disappointed to lose this one at home and much less so on the road.

Yes, the Quad adjustments on their own make sense, if you ignore the cliff nature of the qualification.

A win over a top 50 team at a neutral site is a decent approximation of a win over almost all at-large teams (so that's the type of game an at-large team should win, at least some of the time).

The difference in KP between a top 50 win and a top 30 win is roughly the home-court adjustment, and likewise for top 50 to top 75. So those adjustments, if not taken as absolutes, do make sense.

Where the Quad system falls down, as everyone has discussed, is that the 31st-best team in the ratings is, of course, extremely close to the 30th-best team, and in fact, there's a decent chance that team is actually among the top 30 teams.

He's obviously just doing the bidding of the staff etc, not any real journalism that helps the fans. We want an update every time they talk, but Les just wants to be buddies.

Ogboards.com needs a beat reporter on its payroll to provide some real journalism and updates

Monsanto isn't even practicing yet. It's impossible to know when/if he will return until he at least attempts to participate in practices

My expectation is that once Monsanto is cleared for practice, he'll probably be available right away for games. It's just up to Forbes to decide how ready he really is based on how he performs in practice.

But I don't think it would be more than a few days (a week?) once he's cleared. It's not like he's sitting around doing nothing... He's just not cleared to practice. You get into game shape by playing in practices and games.

Usual caveat that I know nothing.

Win or lose, I think this is the last time we play against Leonard Hamilton. The slide over the last few years, combined with his age, makes me think he's done. This was supposed to be some sort of redemption year after last year's debacle and it doesn't seem to be playing out that way.

Forbes has won three straight over Hamilton, and none have been super-close:

2023: @WF 90 FSU 75
2022: WF 68 @FSU 60; @WF 76 FSU 54

I’m hoping bring so close to being ranked and the NCAAs is enough to motivate.

Not sure I can see any of our players not being motivated or letting down. They would all give it there best if they were playing a pick up game. Our 3 great guards drive this team and they are always giving it their all (not to mention Carr). Foul trouble with Reid/Carr is the only thing I hope does not happen.

Forbes has won three straight over Hamilton, and none have been super-close:

2023: @WF 90 FSU 75
2022: WF 68 @FSU 60; @WF 76 FSU 54
Add to that Forbes’ first team, who was terrible, had FSU beaten in Tallahassee, and would have closed the deal if Ian DuBose had made his FT’s late.

F$U is what they always are. Tall, physical, and come at you in waves of bench depth. I want to see crisp passing and taking the open shot. I feel driving the lane will lead to a lot of non calls because of how physical F$U plays, unless it is a drive and dish

Last edited:
Back