• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 17: @ NC State -- Tuesday 7 pm ACCN

Our fans are generally fucking stupid when it comes to the game-by-game hot takes regarding Forbes. It's annoying as shit and needs to stop.

It's one thing if we had redacted or Danny out there, but Forbes clearly knows what he's doing. He has deficiencies like most coaches, but he's our guy and he will get us where we want to go.

I want the tourney as bad as anyone, but being on the bubble is a 180 from where we were the dumpster fire of 10 years leading up to him.

Grass isn't always greener, people. Enjoy the ride. We will win a couple big games this year. This season isn't over. It isn't even halfway over. Let's go!
You miss our point - Forbes has many good skills but lacks the one absolutely necessary for titles: in-game coaching skills.

So, either our AD gets hims an associate head coach who has those skills - or we find a head coach that does.

It’s a binary choice - that is, if you want a title. If you’re happy with being simply better than the disaster mandated by Hatch and Wellman - then you may have it.

Any update on Monsanto? Feel like his return will inject some much needed energy into the offense.
I think it was on the ACC network after Saturday's game, they were mentioning not Monsanto, but Ituka coming back. Has there been any talk of him getting back before the end of the season?

I think it was on the ACC network after Saturday's game, they were mentioning not Monsanto, but Ituka coming back. Has there been any talk of him getting back before the end of the season?
Can Ituka defend for say 3 minutes per game? And commit no turnovers while being very strong with the ball? Any scoring etc. is freakin' gravy.

That's about what we need, IMHO.

You miss our point - Forbes has many good skills but lacks the one absolutely necessary for titles: in-game coaching skills.

So, either our AD gets hims an associate head coach who has those skills - or we find a head coach that does.

It’s a binary choice - that is, if you want a title. If you’re happy with being simply better than the disaster mandated by Hatch and Wellman - then you may have it.

And you are stating this like it’s a fact when it’s clearly not anywhere close to the truth.

Just for reference regarding Forbes being a bad coach (or whatever that narrative is being spouted), Torvik has us as the most likely team to finish 3rd in the ACC, and KP has us tying State for 3rd at 12-8.

Last night was quite painful, but these takes are pretty extreme.

I agree we have deficiencies where we get soft against teams that get in our face. Last night was a collapse, and maybe the minutes are catching up to our guards.

The season is still in front of us though and, even though it's once again a bad ACC compared to other P6 conferences, we are in really good shape to finish 3rd or 4th in the conference if we play like we have been for most of the year.

Acc to Forbes:

First half we were moving the ball around and getting wide open shots. Awesome.

Second half we over-dribbled, played selfish, and did not move the ball. It was embarrassing.

So, use ALL your timeouts to enforce the need for ball movement and anti-dribbling.

I think we get up by 10 and think we are going to WIN and guys start trying to do SHIT off the dribble - and that is not ever working vs. any decent team.

NC State went 20/21 down the stretch from foul line.

We played, just like FSU "right into their hands." So, who is the guy on our staff at half-time who says "our opponent sucks. We will beat them, but don't do THIS or THAT or you will sit and I will play the walk-ons." And he needs to do that. What is THIS or THAT? Whatever it is, our half-time adjustments don't work at all and we play "right into their hands" a lot. Why?

Forbes is pissed, again. It's like win, ok good. Then lose and pissed. Then win...

We also missed a ton of open looks that we had in transition when we were up 10/11 before State came back.

If we make those then does the narrative suddenly change around Forbes? Of course it does.

Reid choking the 1 and 1 up 4 with 3 minutes left was the killer. That allowed the refs to hand the game to the home crowd.

We also missed a ton of open looks that we had in transition when we were up 10/11 before State came back.

If we make those then does the narrative suddenly change around Forbes? Of course it does.
Run the offense, move the ball, don't take quick shots in transition. Ball movement in first half left the "not the sharpest tool in the toolbox" NC State befuddled - wide open looks for us as part of our offense > wide open looks in transition.

I think part of the problem is that a lot of you don’t watch any other teams play. Acting like a 10 point lead at the half is some monumental let down. 10 point leads are nothing in basketball. Clemson lost a 9 point lead with under 2 minutes left last night at home against Georgia freakin Tech.

Again, it sucked. No need for referendums on the whole program when we are clearly moving in the right direction. Cam had a terrible game and 2 of our starters couldn’t stay on the floor. Can’t coach your way out of that with no bench because 2 of your top scholarships are down with major injuries.

Our fans are generally fucking stupid when it comes to the game-by-game hot takes regarding Forbes. It's annoying as shit and needs to stop.

It's one thing if we had redacted or Danny out there, but Forbes clearly knows what he's doing. He has deficiencies like most coaches, but he's our guy and he will get us where we want to go.

I want the tourney as bad as anyone, but being on the bubble is a 180 from where we were the dumpster fire of 10 years leading up to him.

Grass isn't always greener, people. Enjoy the ride. We will win a couple big games this year. This season isn't over. It isn't even halfway over. Let's go!

Howdy, partner!! New 'round these here parts?????

I think part of the problem is that a lot of you don’t watch any other teams play. Acting like a 10 point lead at the half is some monumental let down. 10 point leads are nothing in basketball. Clemson lost a 9 point lead with under 2 minutes left last night at home against Georgia freakin Tech.

Again, it sucked. No need for referendums on the whole program when we are clearly moving in the right direction. Cam had a terrible game and 2 of our starters couldn’t stay on the floor. Can’t coach your way out of that with no bench because 2 of your top scholarships are down with major injuries.
What about an 11 point lead with well under 10 left?

Last post since I LOATHE losing to State:

I really think the next time we are up by 6+ points at half-time, Forbes should do a very quick "awards ceremony" - and hand guys awards (plastic whatever or little kiddie medals) for their first half play. Clap for them etc.

Then tell everyone to shut up and pause for like 10-15 seconds in silence. Silence.

Then have the assistants gather the awards and hand to Steve, and Steve slams them into a trash can and DESTROYS the trash can while swearing non-stop.

Then turn to the team and say "get it?" First half does NOT MEAN SHIT. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? DO YOU?

Yup - A couple of those drop and it's likely good night Wolpfack.

And the same posters who miraculously appear only after losses would still be in hiding.

The thing that pissed me off the most was the defense. State couldn't hit shit from 3, yet ran the same high ball screen into the lane for a 1993 midrange and wore us the fuck out. Yet we did nothing but continue to press out on their inability to hit 3s. Just drop back into a 2-3, don't chase the screen, pack the lane, and let them keep hoisting 3s that they would mostly miss - aka defend their 1993 offense with a 1993 defense. Instead, we must have given up 40 points on midrange jumpers in the lane like we were playing Demar DeRozen. Why are we focusing on denying them shots that they aren't making anyway and ignoring the shots they are making? Just complete coaching ineptitude. We deserved to lose that game with that pathetic coaching job.

Last post since I LOATHE losing to State:

I really think the next time we are up by 6+ points at half-time, Forbes should do a very quick "awards ceremony" - and hand guys awards (plastic whatever or little kiddie medals) for their first half play. Clap for them etc.

Then tell everyone to shut up and pause for like 10-15 seconds in silence. Silence.

Then have the assistants gather the awards and hand to Steve, and Steve slams them into a trash can and DESTROYS the trash can while swearing non-stop.

Then turn to the team and say "get it?" First half does NOT MEAN SHIT. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? DO YOU?
Keatts is 10-3 against Wake. 2 of those losses came during his worst season. I am fucking tired of losing to State

Last edited:
Back