• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 17: @ NC State -- Tuesday 7 pm ACCN

Quick glance at their board they think it's a toss up as well, with maybe a lean towards them at home. Very intrigued by the burns/reid matchup as we are. Should be a good ole fashioned NC ACC game.
I've seen a lot of State fans saying we couldn't handle Burns last year so that means he'll torch us again. Reid is a much better defender than Marsh and I trust Forbes and co will draw something up

Feels like a hugenormous game if we want to spend Selection Sunday worrying about our seed rather than whether we're on the right side of the bubble. I'm cautiously optimistic. The FSU game was an understandable and somewhat predictable letdown coming off an OT win in arguably our biggest game of the year to that point. This time, we're coming off a much less-draining win against an in-state rival hovering near the top of the standings. I'm expecting a much better performance than we got last Tuesday, and, if we see that, we should get the win.

I'd say our biggest issues to worry about going in are reid getting in foul trouble, and turning the ball over. An excess of either puts us way behind the 8 ball

We've won in Raleigh twice since the Nut Punch game. Both also came during our two best seasons and their two worst seasons since that same game. Let's exorcise those demons tonight and keep us in control of a top 4 seed.

I do not think the State fanbase knows much about our team, but they have reason to feel confident at home. Despite the fact that PNC is a DonaldRoss nightmare combination of off-campus and huge, it's a very solid home environment whenever they are good.

If we don't do it this year, then it will all be for naught. We need to win several toss up road games from here on out to have the season we think we can have.

We've won in Raleigh twice since the Nut Punch game. Both also came during our two best seasons and their two worst seasons since that same game. Let's exorcise those demons tonight and keep us in control of a top 4 seed.
I can’t believe we still have to make reference to this game. We are such a tortured fanbase.

Limit turnovers and get Sallis going early and we win. Picking up another road win and getting to 6-1 in ACC after beating Louisville this Saturday would go a long way in March and see next week’s trip to Chapel Hill a likely ranked matchup.

I can’t believe we still have to make reference to this game. We are such a tortured fanbase.
My mind goes instead to the Josh Howard technical free throws game in Raleigh. As JHo hits the shots to seal the game, angry State fans start throwing all their garbage at the court. We hightailed it out of there before we could get assaulted in the parking lot

My mind goes instead to the Josh Howard technical free throws game in Raleigh. As JHo hits the shots to seal the game, angry State fans start throwing all their garbage at the court. We hightailed it out of there before we could get assaulted in the parking lot
now when you say WE do you mean you and those you were with or are you referring to the Wake Forest Basketball team?

this was us with the Nut Punch game since it sometimes gets overlooked that CP3 ran the length of the court and hit the game winner

this was us with the Nut Punch game since it sometimes gets overlooked that CP3 ran the length of the court and hit the game winner

I was at a Bible study class the night of the nut punch game.

One would think that by now we would be forgiven.

Yeah I think tonight is a total tossup. As has been mentioned several times, it's not easy to win on the road in conference play but this win would go a long way in hitting what we anticipate to be the number of remaining wins to get into the tournament. Plus it puts us at 5-1 with a great chance against the worst team in the ACC Saturday to get to 6-1.

Back