• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 17: @ NC State -- Tuesday 7 pm ACCN

For the last part of the half, it appeared State's gameplan was to let Walker drive into the lane trying to pick up fouls, which he did. Forbes countered with bench players and it worked out great for WF

Last edited:
Don’t let Burns get going and keep pushing them off the 3 pt. line. Definitely think Boopie can take it to the rack, but I think Cam can too against these guys. Need him to step up in the 2nd half.

I cannot imagine how angry I would be if Steve Forbes gifted the opponent 4 FTs in a critical game. I don’t care how bad the refs are, that’s indefensibly stupid.

Thanks Kevin

I would much prefer a second half blowout, but if it has to be close, then I’ll take a three point win, just to see the State fans melt their brains thinking about those FTs.

Good halftime lead but the Deacs look choppy. Too many turnovers. Ball movement comes and goes. Defense can't recovery when Pack runs thru picks. Great job by Carr to keep the Deacs alive and Boopie for hitting the foul shots.

I expect State to come out of the locker room looking for blood. If the Deacs can extend the lead early it might last for the game.

I know mid-range shots aren’t efficient but I hope we figure out a way to stop the easy 8-10 footers State is consistently getting by coming off a simple ball screen. Do that, cut down on TOs and silly fouls and win decisively in the 2nd half.

Wasn't a perfect first half and we were handed 4 points on a silver platter but I'll never complain about going into half time up 10 on the road with 45 points on the board. Hope we can repeat it in the second half and turn this into a 20 point win.

Also AC is that dude tonight

Solid minutes from Marsh tonight. Not sure Keller can be on the court. Good half but fouls should be a real concern

Coach that far out on the court then getting in the ref's face, ungood.

We are clearly the better team. We are playing pretty average and leading them by 10 in their own gym at halftime. Let's close this out right at the start of the second half. Don't give them any reason to hope. Tough defense, take care of the ball, and good shot selection. Our rebounding has really improved since the start of the season. Let's keep it up.

Back