• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 17: @ NC State -- Tuesday 7 pm ACCN

Our offense can be really hard to watch at timea. Very little motion and screening action. Too much iso with the other four standing and watching (as you said). It can be very entertaining when our guys can break the other team down with one-on-one moves but completely ineffective when well defended.

A great example was Cam tonight. Couldn't beat his man off the dribble so resorted to throwing up wild shots off ill-advised drives.

a/k/a Euro shit. 3-13, o'fer from 3.

Marsh played today because Keller is a little soft and State had the bigs causing us trouble. He did ok, normally I prefer Keller (this season) because he is more mobile and better hands.

Just a bad game for us.
tough to expect much from a guy who has not seen the floor in weeks.

Last edited:
What an epic loss. Better team took the game. Not going to watch Louisville game. I need a break. This could just be the same team as last year.
Wtf was up with Boopie

If you get two technicals in a game, are you automatically suspended by the ACC for the following game? It would be the icing on the shit sandwich if Sallis can’t play Saturday.

Smart coaches are going to play very physical defense against WF. Improve or lose.

He really needs to accept that he is a very good college player and not Kobe and stop trying to shoot over four players taking circus shots.
I’m fine with him backing down and playing in the post but the euro steps and out of control spin moves need to stop.

Cut Middlebrook some slack, he was born with the douche gene. Listening to the college sports radio this morning and Danny Kanell was talking about his nephew last night and you guessed it, his nephew is Middlebrook.

The hardest thing for me to understand about the game was our offensive possessions. It felt like every possession in the last 10 minutes was dribbling around beyond the 3 point line until 7 seconds left on the shot clock and then forcing up a terrible, contested, low-percentage shot. It just kept happening over and over again. How we couldn’t adjust for that, I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hardest thing for me to understand about the game was our offensive possessions. It felt like every possession in the last 10 minutes was dribbling around beyond the 3 point line until 7 seconds left on the shot clock and then forcing up a terrible, contested, low-percentage shot. It just kept happening over and over again. How we couldn’t adjust for that, I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was truly frustrating to watch

I’m sure it’s in here somewhere, but why didn’t we put PFred in and leave Marsh out? I thought Marsh was actually ok, but our entire offense got clogged because they just hedged everything because he was no threat at the rim. Might as well spread things out with one more shooter and give folks more space to drive it in?

i was there, it was rough. You could tell that last 10 min we were taking on water badly and it really just felt inevitable by the time they came back. Also i think we would have lost anyways (and i know i’m beating dead horse) but the T sequence was wild. These are all the things that went against us in the span of five seconds:

• no travel on Middlebrooks
  • no foul for clear out on Middlebrooks
  • pretty soft foul on Carr tbh he went straight up
  • single technical on Middle let them put in a 90% foul shooter instead
  • the other guy lightly headbuts Hunter but instead of calling it on the State dude, or just no call at all, somehow we end up with double technical and lose our best player

totally crazy. Sigh.

I’m fine with him backing down and playing in the post but the euro steps and out of control spin moves need to stop.
A good "coach" would stop it by sitting his ass on the bench if he continued to keep doing it. It's not like Fredrickson isn't good enough to take a lot of his minutes if Hildreth refuses to stop.

Back