• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 17: WF plays the most under-performing program - Duke Wed. 7 pm ACCN

At the end of the day, we lost by fours 3s and went 2-14 from three. The stretch of great D for most of the first half was very encouraging. The last minute of the first half and first few minutes of the second half were a bummer.

Live by the three. Die by the three.

Sooo, we lose by 12 and decide not to extend the game at all? lose by 12 or 20, but I'd rather go down firing.

If that dude says exploited the matchups one more time…

Hey, dook dominated the games from start to finish. Well, except for the 1/4 of the game we came back and took the lead but I guess it's better to say it this way.

Too many turnovers, missed free throws and terrible shooting from 3. I am surprised the game was as close as it was.

Disappointing. I just don’t think they were prepared for that level of play.

On a positive note, Cam made some nice contributions. 4 pts, 8 reb, 1 ast, 2 stl in 23 min.

Cam played like someone familiar with playing against men and not high school boys.

The 0-8 run to end the 1st half was disappointing.

The 1-8 run to start the 2nd half was infuriating. :mad:

We played great on D at times then zero at times. Forbes will be on that.

Davien too small to guard elite guards

Walton cannot play that many minutes

LaRsvia seemed intimidated

Williams has to get the ball clean too many times we stagnated and he started out doubled.

Bad shooting at line early and 3 the whole game, clutch misses

Banchero and Griffin are so much better.

No shame in losing to a good team.

The shame is not playing nearly your best game in the loss.

Hopefully our team will learn/grow from this…

Disappointing. I just don’t think they were prepared for that level of play.

On a positive note, Cam made some nice contributions. 4 pts, 8 reb, 1 ast, 2 stl in 23 min.
Agreed. I was encouraged by Cam. Definitely looks like a dude who isn't afraid and will get better with more experience.

a few takes...

1 - Stop doing the DUI chants at Duke players. We did it to Hurley in 93 and the same thing happened-- close game at halftime turned into a forcible sodomy in the second half.
2 - Can't have stupid turnovers. I love you, Alondes, but the game was effectively over at halftime when we allowed them to score 6 points in 17 seconds off 2 turnovers. It really sucked the air out of what was a very good defensive effort for almost a full half.
3 - We can't shoot. Our lack of shooters was always a weak spot, but against a team that can shoot like Duke, it's a curse. We have no way to catch up. Even if Mucius has one of his hot games, it's not enough against a team with multliple shooters.
4 - We need guard play. I love Hildreth's energy in the first half, but our play at the point is not good. Williamson can no longer shoot and Hildreth and Whitt have never shown the ability to shoot. If they could penetrate and dish, it might compensate, but they don't really do that the way we need them to either.\
5 - Crowd was lame. I heard us almost get riled up after a dunk tied the game in the first half. To hear the Duke chants at the end was embarrassing. We need drunk students in there making noise and beating up Duke fans.

Williams TO’s are a direct result of us not having a PG which we desperately need.

a few takes...

1 - Stop doing the DUI chants at Duke players. We did it to Hurley in 93 and the same thing happened-- close game at halftime turned into a forcible sodomy in the second half.
2 - Can't have stupid turnovers. I love you, Alondes, but the game was effectively over at halftime when we allowed them to score 6 points in 17 seconds off 2 turnovers. It really sucked the air out of what was a very good defensive effort for almost a full half.
3 - We can't shoot. Our lack of shooters was always a weak spot, but against a team that can shoot like Duke, it's a curse. We have no way to catch up. Even if Mucius has one of his hot games, it's not enough against a team with multliple shooters.
4 - We need guard play. I love Hildreth's energy in the first half, but our play at the point is not good. Williamson can no longer shoot and Hildreth and Whitt have never shown the ability to shoot. If they could penetrate and dish, it might compensate, but they don't really do that the way we need them to either.\
5 - Crowd was lame. I heard us almost get riled up after a dunk tied the game in the first half. To hear the Duke chants at the end was embarrassing. We need drunk students in there making noise and beating up Duke fans.

Regarding the crowd, our football crowd still doesn’t understand football and we’ve been good for a while. Gonna take the new fans a while to figure out bball now too.

Oh, and I'll add

6 - LaRavia needs to assert himself more often. He disappears for long stretches during all games and he's too good for that. He had 0 points on 0 shots for most if not all of the first half. That can't happen.

LaRavia had two fouls in first 5 minutes and then got 3rd foul immediately when he returned under 5 minutes left in the first half. I don’t think he played tentative in the second half at all. In the first half he was playing like he didn’t want to get another foul. Really limited our offense in the first half to have Jake not play.

Back