• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 17: WF plays the most under-performing program - Duke Wed. 7 pm ACCN

That one is on Forbes not getting his team ready to play. Ball stuck. No attacking the gaps and kicking on the collapse. The best ball movement of the game were the last two Wake buckets. Sad to play so poorly offensively.

Too many turnovers (15) gave Duke a 22-11 advantage on points off turnovers. Lousy 3 point shooting (2-16) by Wake gives Duke a 21-6 advantage. Duke wins every other category except rebounds. Duke starts the second half with a 17-3 run. Add the final eight points of the first half and Duke outscores the Deacs 25-3 over a six minute span. Ballgame over.

We played great on D at times then zero at times. Forbes will be on that.

Davien too small to guard elite guards

Walton cannot play that many minutes

LaRsvia seemed intimidated

Williams has to get the ball clean too many times we stagnated and he started out doubled.

Bad shooting at line early and 3 the whole game, clutch misses

Banchero and Griffin are so much better.

LaRavia was good in the Second half. I hope Monsanto can get back, we can use him once he gets his legs.

positives- Hildreth ain't scared. He can't shoot but he's not scared.
Williams played terrible and still had 25 points. He's just a really good player.
We are a pretty good rebounding team.

negatives- Laravia has to be a bigger part of our offense.
Whitt is completely overmatched at the ACC level. He has scored 2 points in his last 6 games. He is one of the worst offensive players in the ACC.
Williamson is completely overmatched defensively against ACC players and seems to have lost his shooting touch as well. I know some people think he might come back next year but I'm wondering if we couldn't find a better guard in the portal.
Mucius has to be more consistent as a senior- he gave us nothing tonight. I know he is a streaky shooter, but he has to rebound or something when his shot is not falling.

2/16 from 3 is the ball game. Duke came into the game around 35% IIRC from 3 and they were 7/15.

Non-2PT scoring is increasingly an issue. In conference games, we are ranked 14th in 3PT% and last in FT%.

We are also last in TO% in conference games.

Putting way too much pressure on our defense to stay in games.

Williams played terrible and still had 25 points. He's just a really good player.

Whitt is completely overmatched at the ACC level. He has scored 2 points in his last 6 games. He is one of the worst offensive players in the ACC.
Williamson is completely overmatched defensively against ACC players and seems to have lost his shooting touch as well. I know some people think he might come back next year but I'm wondering if we couldn't find a better guard in the portal.
Mucius has to be more consistent as a senior- he gave us nothing tonight. I know he is a streaky shooter, but he has to rebound or something when his shot is not falling.

Yeah, we need to add two guards and in the portal this off-season

We aren't good at offensive rebounding, much better defensively.

Manman is a scorer. Some of his TOs were bad, but also felt like was trying to get the team involved when there was really no one else who was finding a rhythm offensively.

Agree we need more from Jake, foul trouble was a problem but he did play 28 mins.

Whitt only played 3 mins, not really a factor so not sure there is much good or bad to say.

Williamson had a good first half, IMO. He did have 8 FTA which was the most on the team. He definitely needs to hit outside shots. He seemed to get switched alot on bigger guys in the beginning of the second half.

Mucius was definitely quiet tonight, and I'm wondering how much of that was coming off a game where he shot a ton and coaches maybe in his ear about it.

Whitt only played 3 minutes because he was obviously, comprehensively overwhelmed

Daivien at one point had drawn half of Duke’s 8 first fouls. Then they remembered they should attack him, which they did ruthlessly.

As I've posted before tonight's game.... we need more people who can shoot and play at this level. ManMan was a great start but we need several more like him.

Whitt has no business at this level.

dook was up 12-4 at 15:00
Wake up 29-27 at 00:54

We outscored dook by 10 over that 14 minute span.

LaRavia had 14 points in 28 min where the refs took him out of the first half.

Williams had 7 TO's two of those were passes out of bounds and at least one bad pass under the basket. He can't have 7 TO's with 25 points.

dook was 7-13 on FT's, no idea why Forbes didn't take a shot at fouling in the last couple of minutes.

dook coach called a TO in the 2nd half every time we got any momentum. We called a TO at 17:45 down 13, then one at 8:04 down 19.

Whitt is a freshman. I’ve seen him play at ACC level in some games. His shot is much worse this year for some reason but he’s not a brick mason like CMM. He can get it fixed.

This was obviously a disappointing game. The team just didn’t look ready. Also, our lack of shooters has caught up to us. We just have very few good shooters on this team. Our guard shooting is abysmal. To me, this is what stops us from getting over the hump.

I would agree with that as well. Our guards can't knock down down shots from outside when it matters.

Back