• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 18: Louisville @ LJVM -- Saturday Noon -- ESPNU

It really sucks that the UNC game is on a Monday, as that takes away a potential day for a full practice for both guys beforehand. But even if they are only able to play a couple minutes tomorrow, hopefully they can ramp it up to a few more minutes each on Monday
And then we get our longest break of ACC play -- 9 days until the following game at Pitt, which is a perfectly timed break for these guys to get rolling.

Awesome news on Monsanto. Was really starting to fear that this would just keep getting pushed until it was too late to make a big difference. Let’s get it.

And then we get our longest break of ACC play -- 9 days until the following game at Pitt, which is a perfectly timed break for these guys to get rolling.

Yeah. I’ll argue it’s the perfect time for them to return. Less than 24 hours for Louisville to prepare. They return at home against a bad team. Hopefully they can play solid minutes and help the starters rest. Then they play at UNC where depth is at a premium. Then they get a long rest.

I mean ... that becomes the next big question. I think the first full practice Damari would've had was Wednesday, and that's if Wake practiced the day after a road game. I know he's a microwavable shooter but I just can't see him playing anything beyond spot minutes tomorrow or Monday.

Jao has been practicing longer. I'd kind of expect him to play more minutes than Damari tomorrow, especially in light of Forbes' frustration with over-dribbling Tuesday night.
When we over-dribble like at FSU & State, we lose.

When we over-dribble like at FSU & State, we lose.
Forbes has been discussing this at length the last two losses. He knows that there is a fine line between good and great this season. He is using every resource to get us to the dance.

I have two extra tickets to the game tomorrow that I can give away. Just pm me and I can text a picture of the tickets to you. The only requirement is Deacon fans must be in the seats. Need a cell number to send to.

Last edited:
I’ll wait for the final score before we win this one

Good news for the home team. Finally.

Parker will continue in the rotation as long as his shooting holds up. Players shooting 42% from three and hustling in other aspects of the game stay in the rotation. His role may change, but as long as he contributes he plays. If he hits a freshman wall, Damari is willing and able to take his shots. I expect Keller to back up Reid and Carr. He has size over Marion and mobility over Marsh. Once Damari is back to full speed he could see time at the four in select situations. He lacks size but he must be guarded. Ituka needs to earn his minutes behind Miller. We have never seen him perform as advertised.

Damari and Parker should be able to provide the relief for Miller, Sallas and Hildreth that has been needed. One of Carr or Reid must be on the floor at all times. If Keller could convert down low, hit an occasional three, rebound and be an aggravation on defense in relief of Carr or Keller, this team could improve over the balance of the season.

I'd like to see Clark tried as a defensive spark plug as needed. Put him in for a few minutes to improve the defensive play. Jump on the hot hand. Remind the team of GGTT. His performance against Charleston Southern made a big difference. Let's see if it is repeatable. No matter how good the offense may be, it won't matter unless they defend.

Forbes has been discussing this at length the last two losses. He knows that there is a fine line between good and great this season. He is using every resource to get us to the dance.
Yep and when we share the ball and get assists, we play well line vs UVa & Miami. Plus those two we had really good defensive pressure.

Yep and when we share the ball and get assists, we play well line vs UVa & Miami. Plus those two we had really good defensive pressure.
Hopefully we will not get a ref working his 15th game in 15 days in places coast to coast all over the country because no way that person could perform their job adequately.

Back