• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 18: Louisville @ LJVM -- Saturday Noon -- ESPNU

going to games at Wake at the JOEL were some of my favorite experiences while a student, especially since I got those 2 CP3 years. if only I got the Howard year before that but as a tradeoff we got the Orange Bowl our senior year.

yeah I mean how the fuck dare we try to actually fucking enjoy some basketball instead of checking out 2 fucking months from the end of the season.

some of y'all are just dead fucking determined to be as miserable as humanly possible

Checking out would be great - continuing to be checked in but being all Eeyore about it is a million times worse

Having fun watching basketball instead of stewing over metrics makes us soft I guess.

Call me the fucking pillsbury dough boy then. I'm soft AF
Who is stopping you from watching basketball games and having fun? Seems to me you’re just trying to police the sports board, chill out.

yeah I mean how the fuck dare we try to actually fucking enjoy some basketball instead of checking out 2 fucking months from the end of the season.

some of y'all are just dead fucking determined to be as miserable as humanly possible

“calm down this isn’t sports talk radio”

But anyways, I think the major key to this game is going to be preventing Louisville from taking (and making) too many threes. It's been clear that Wake's defensive approach has been to chase teams off the three point line, as you can see from the last few games:

NCSU: Shot 0-8; Average 21.8 3PA/game
UVA: Shot 4-12; Average 17.7 3PA/game
FSU: Shot 7-13; Average 19.7 3PA/game
Miami: Shot 10-21; Average 23.7 3PA/game

Louisville has shot the three quite well recently (39.7% in conf) but was a terrible three point shooting team in nonconference play (28.6%). With that said, their good shooting has been the primary reason why they have been reasonably competitive in their last few games. Don't let them get many good looks from three, and I'd expect to beat them handily. If they get up 20+ threes and make 10+ of them or something like that, it could be an uncomfortably close game.

Louisville sucks on defense. I think we'll hang 90 on them with an outside shot at 100.

Defend the 3. Rebound the ball.

Win by 30+.

We've had some great individual play in the Forbes era, but it hasn't translated into a solid NCAAT team. This team is pretty good, and has many of the same flaws we have seen in other Forbes teams at WF.

His biggest talent is finding portal gems and producing efficient offenses.

The important question - does Forbes have a Bennett/Larranga run in him, or is he Brad Brownell? And if its the latter, is that good enough for Wake fans?

maybe jumped the gun. ignore. i was sent a text
then tried to confirm on Les site and twitter and see nothing
oops

damnit

We need Cam to get back to his old self finishing around the rim. He's shooting 6-24 (1-10 from 3) in the last 2 games. He was 0-6 from 2 against Miami, but was masked by being 5-9 from 3. Boopie had been picking up a lot of the slack, but also struggled to score from the field against State (although he had no problem getting to the line).

Would like for Wake to pull a Walt Williams with Monsanto.

maybe jumped the gun. ignore. i was sent a text
then tried to confirm on Les site and twitter and see nothing
oops

damnit
Honestly, I hope Forbes pulls a Clawson whenever it happens.

I just turn the game on Monday night and here comes Monsanto taking off his warmups at the under 16 timeout to break UNC hearts yet again

Back