• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 19: #19 Clemson Tigers @ LJVM -- Tuesday 9pm - Regional Sports Networks (ESPN+)

Monsanto made some big buckets last night. On three occasions he stopped a Clemson run that reduced the lead to 6 or 7 points. Team needed points and he supplied them. On two of those occasions I was glad to see the ball in his hands and he delivered on both. He has the shooting ability and confidence to be the "go to guy" in big moments. He did that last night.

One big improvement in his overall game is the addition of the dribble drive, ending in a pull up jumper. Once he does enough if those in games to make teams respect that shot, the threes will get even easier.

In his post-game interview, Forbes said that he loves PJ Hall's game and that Hall's dad was a college reff who did many SOCON games when Forbes was at ETSU. Before the game, Hall told Forbes that Hall's dad retired from reffing because he had hip replacement surgery. Very clear that there was a ton of mutual respect.

Hildreth really reminds me of Ish Smith. Neither of them were ACC caliber players, can't shoot, but when the game is on the line that shot is money every time.

It’s been a few years since we had a good, deep discussion on what the staff should have the team do to improve free throw shooting.

Anyone else have any ideas?

We could compile them and present them to Forbes.
Do you think he’ll read them?

Ish: not an ACC caliber player but a 12+ year NBA veteran. Ok.
Ish has been and still is sub 3 seconds dribbling end to end on a basketball court. That speed still puts pressure on opposing defenses. Let's just say Cam is not that kind of threat.

In his post-game interview, Forbes said that he loves PJ Hall's game and that Hall's dad was a college reff who did many SOCON games when Forbes was at ETSU. Before the game, Hall told Forbes that Hall's dad retired from reffing because he had hip replacement surgery. Very clear that there was a ton of mutual respect.

Always good to be nice to opposing players in the portal era.

Hildreth really reminds me of Ish Smith. Neither of them were ACC caliber players, can't shoot, but when the game is on the line that shot is money every time.
He makes me think of Codi Miller-McIntyre. Cam shoots substantially better than CMM at the same age and gets more rebounds, but the size is similar and they’re both physical guards that don’t need to be primary ball handlers.

He makes me think of Codi Miller-McIntyre. Cam shoots substantially better than CMM at the same age and gets more rebounds, but the size is similar and they’re both physical guards that don’t need to be primary ball handlers.
Cam is better inside in traffic. But, yes, CMM is probably the closest comparable to Cam.

That Hall kid is a beast and was criminally underused by Brownell. They should have been running their offense through him at the high post the entire game.

That Hall kid is a beast and was criminally underused by Brownell. They should have been running their offense through him at the high post the entire game.
Be glad they weren't last night. Hope Brownell doesn't figure that out when Wake plays them for the title in the ACC Tournament.

It’s been a few years since we had a good, deep discussion on what the staff should have the team do to improve free throw shooting.

Anyone else have any ideas?

We could compile them and present them to Forbes.
Off the top of my head...

Hire Chip England
Ruby Slippers
Wish in one hand... no that won't work.
I'll keep thinking. It takes a village to coach an ACC team.

Back