• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 19: #19 Clemson Tigers @ LJVM -- Tuesday 9pm - Regional Sports Networks (ESPN+)

I felt bad for the guy. He looked like a nervous wreck standing on the stripe, knowing his FT % stinks to high Heaven. He knew we needed those FT points and the pressure was bearing down hard on him.

He’ll be fine - just needs to get advice from somebody who’s feeling psychologically secure in their athletic approach to things this week, like Brett Maher

Bradford desperately needs pt time practicing free throws. May come a time before March that those missed FT's cost us a game!

Or in the middle of March. Or at end of March.

I probably missed this but - why are we not giving Keller a single minute? I would ask the same about Lucas but unfortunately didn't think he provided much for this team judging from the first few games. But really thought Keller had enough potential to be giving at least a bit of playing time here & there - I feel like it would help to have just one more additional person in rotation. Also praying Bradford works on those free throws
Yea, from what I saw of Keller earlier in the season he just didn’t seem ready for this level of play. Just my humble $0.02.

Think he’ll learn a lot playing behind Carr and hopefully become a big contributor next year.

Hopefully Keller looked at Carr and PJ Hall and models of what he can be.

Hopefully Keller looked at Carr and PJ Hall and models of what he can be.
Hall is probably the better comp but I really think he's one of the best college players to come through the ACC in quite a while. I have faith in Keller developing into a rotation guy next year and eventually a starter, but the defense has to improve to get there which means get bigger or commit to beign able to guard on the perimeter and play alongside a bigger 5 man.

I don’t see Tyson as hateable…. That guy is just a really good player who competes his ass off. I’d take him in a second for my team. Think about some of the Duke guys over the years that were hateable… not even in the same ballpark as Clemson guys.

If I'm the opposing coach going forward and Wake is in the bonus, I'm seriously thinking about having a bench player just foul Bradford on every possession he's in the game

Bradford is also the closest thing we have to a true rim protector on the defensive end so he will continue to play despite his limitations offensively and at the FT line
I agree, although props to Carr for getting 3 blocks last night, our only blocked shots.

Bradford seems to have a nice touch, old drill, take a piece of bright yellow or any bright tape. Wrap the tape on the front of the rim.

Tell Bradford to "land the ball just over that tape...aim for that tape."

He should also run stairs once, then shoot 3 FT (to make 2 minimum). Then run stairs twice and do same. Up to 5 trips of running stairs, if you make them (2/3 or better). If you miss any cycle up to 5, then you do up to 10 trips.

If I'm the opposing coach going forward and Wake is in the bonus, I'm seriously thinking about having a bench player just foul Bradford on every possession he's in the game
Clemson kind of did that for a bit. I'm not sure who committed all the fouls but their PG fouled out and we were in the bonus for a long time. That's a double edged sword.

If that became a strategy then I am sure Forbes would just take Marsh/Bradford out and run Carr at the 5.

Just use Bradford for his five fouls, occasional ability to get a rebound, and the times he may find himself able to get the ball to the rim aggressively when he gets it inside. 10 minutes a game, disruptor, move on.

Watching the game in person, I'm convinced Bradford gets 3" shorter when the game starts. He looks MASSIVE in warmups and he plays so small. I've never seen a big more interested in getting underneath the backboard from the post.

I agree, although props to Carr for getting 3 blocks last night, our only blocked shots.

Bradford seems to have a nice touch, old drill, take a piece of bright yellow or any bright tape. Wrap the tape on the front of the rim.

Tell Bradford to "land the ball just over that tape...aim for that tape."

He should also run stairs once, then shoot 3 FT (to make 2 minimum). Then run stairs twice and do same. Up to 5 trips of running stairs, if you make them (2/3 or better). If you miss any cycle up to 5, then you do up to 10 trips.
Carr had one of the best blocks I've seen in a while when the Clemson dude had a one on one and took it in for the one handed slam and carr went straight up with both hands in the air without hitting the guys body and straight rejected the easy bucket

Just use Bradford for his five fouls, occasional ability to get a rebound, and the times he may find himself able to get the ball to the rim aggressively when he gets it inside. 10 minutes a game, disruptor, move on.
I was telling my buddy last night that the most important contribution Bradford could make was 5 fouls. He played great defense in the second half. I think Hall only had about 4 points in the second half with Bradford defending.

I am 99% sure that I have a higher vertical leap than Bradford.

He was great inside last night against Hall though defensively. He's a very large body.

Monsanto made some big buckets last night. On three occasions he stopped a Clemson run that reduced the lead to 6 or 7 points. Team needed points and he supplied them. On two of those occasions I was glad to see the ball in his hands and he delivered on both. He has the shooting ability and confidence to be the "go to guy" in big moments. He did that last night.

Back