• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 19: #19 Clemson Tigers @ LJVM -- Tuesday 9pm - Regional Sports Networks (ESPN+)

Clark on Appleby and Beekman on Cam seems like it could be somewhat problematic. Hopefully they call a tight game. Gonna need another big game out of Damari and/or Carr.
The good thing about having a roster with so many different scoring options is at some point somebody will have a matchup they can exploit and score. I also think Ty learned tonight that he can draw fouls whenever he wants with that quickness. Hope he puts UVA's guards under pressure and/or into foul trouble and takes care of the ball. We don't need him to go for 20 points if he can take care of the ball and get his team open looks.

With the different pieces, Forbes should be able to find a favorable mismatch or two against almost any team.

Wake Forest took a 5-2 lead 58 seconds into the game. They never surrendered the lead. The closest Clemson could get in the second half was six points. Almost the entire game was played with an eight point lead. The only statistic Clemson won was free throw percentage. That was negated by a 22-13 Deacon lead in FT points.

When Clemson challenged in the second half the Deacs got stops on defense. Stops and steals made the difference in the game. This team is beginning to learn how to win tough, physical basketball games. GGTT for 40 tonight.

The Bally feed on Wifi was horrible the entire game. With 3 minutes remaining in the game the feed disappeared, never to return. Apparently others had the same problem. Guess I'll stay up way too late and watch the replay in 4 minutes.

Last edited:
Not sure why I thought Eric Collins was a young guy. Glad to have him and Brian Oliver doing the game.
I had the same thought at the beginning, but ended up not enjoying either of them.

Collins is like a bad video game announcer just yelling the player’s last name for no reason.

APPLEBY!!! (dribbles around perimeter)

Ugly, ugly game. I will take an ugly win over a high level loss any day of the week. This team was dragged into a dog fight and came out on top. Hopefully we clean it up on Saturday as that will need to be a more under control game to get the win.
Wake nearly lead this from the tip and controlled the entire game. It got a little ugly with ~7 to 8 minutes left but overall, last night was a solid game. This team must be sponsored by Dr. Scholls cause they gellin'!

Wake nearly lead this from the tip and controlled the entire game. It got a little ugly with ~7 to 8 minutes left but overall, last night was a solid game. This team must be sponsored by Dr. Scholls cause they gellin'!
I agree. Clemson is solid and we led wire to wire pretty much. Could have put it away a little earlier but credit them for coming back. They play hard. Missed some threes late that we normally make. Most all the announcers suck these days. These guys are in love with hearing themselves say virtually nothing. I would rather they randomly pick a few high school announcers to do the game.

I had the same thought at the beginning, but ended up not enjoying either of them.

Collins is like a bad video game announcer just yelling the player’s last name for no reason.

APPLEBY!!! (dribbles around perimeter)
I didn't listen to him last night (muted and listed to Stan and Dinger), but I have heard him call a ton of Hornets games. That's his thing is to yell the players name (usually when they shoot the ball). Sometimes it's entertaining especially if it's a big shot, other times it's annoying.

Back