• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 19: WF at GT - Wednesday Jan 19 7 pm - ESPNU

But what about their socks?

I just wish I had the pre-Buzz passion. The last decade took something from me, but these guys are waking it up..

Monsanto helps in a big way. We needed an extra scorer to prevent some offensive droughts we’ve seen with bad lineups. Cam is a fucking liability out there, let’s be honest.

We can tidy that up though. We are just flat out fun to watch again, even if we do infuriating stuff. Now we get mad because we are good and could be even better, instead of being mad because a miserable jackass is running our team.

Exactly this. I need to temper my expectations but they’re higher than they should be because it’s obvious this is a good team with a lot of potential. I really do think we will be anti-LOWF and continue to get better and turn some heads vs limp to the finish line.

Would have liked to get some of the young guys minutes in the final 5 or so tonight, but understand Savage not wanting to risk anything.

Exactly this. I need to temper my expectations but they’re higher than they should be because it’s obvious this is a good team with a lot of potential. I really do think we will be anti-LOWF and continue to get better and turn some heads vs limp to the finish line.

Would have liked to get some of the young guys minutes in the final 5 or so tonight, but understand Savage not wanting to risk anything.[/QUO

I’m pretty surprised Cam didn’t get any run. He defends reasonably well and I don’t think he’s a liability on offense.

This is Manmans team which is a good thing. He is clutch at the end of games. That pass to Laravia for the duck was awesome.

WF had 9 steals tonight, the most we've forced in a conference game this season. Our defense seems to keep improving, and we are now KP ranked as the #1 D in conference games.

If our defense can start setting up our offense more like it did at times tonight, that is highly encouraging for the next slate of ACC games.

Would have liked to get some of the young guys minutes in the final 5 or so tonight, but understand Savage not wanting to risk anything.

Making the tournament would make this a great season for us.

Monsanto > Cam and it’s not close. Unless Monsanto has Covid or losses a limb, Cam should never take any of his minutes. I’m a huge Monsanto fan, though and have been for a while. I distinctly remember him torching Alabama and hoping that he would join Forbes and Co.

He needs to shoot the ball every time he gets an open look.

@Pilch, start the Carolina game thread LFG.

WF had 9 steals tonight, the most we've forced in a conference game this season. Our defense seems to keep improving, and we are now KP ranked as the #1 D in conference games.

If our defense can start setting up our offense more like it did at times tonight, that is highly encouraging for the next slate of ACC games.

Great point. We need to cut down on TOs/empty possessions after playing great defense. If we can convert a little more consistently…we are a tough out.

So Monsanto has 8 rebounds in 12 minutes. Really like this guy and this team we are fucking back

Making the tournament would make this a great season for us.

Agreed. When Forbes was hired last year, I just wanted the Deacs to be in the NCAA discussion by year 3. Looks like they are a year ahead.

Back