• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 2: @ UGA - 7pm Friday - SEC Network

Keller will need to have one heck of a career to make up for that play.
the slippery glove play and the lazy loose ball play are the two biggest lowlights of a disappointing Deacon fall. Hopefully, things turn around in Charleston.

This is pretty much it. It really seems to hinge on Efton for me i think we have enough shooters. But like Kent said we’ve been a guy or a call or an injury away for years now and it never seems to come together. So close yet so far.

Without Efton i don’t think it’ll be much of a season - we’ll have moments but don’t think we’re sniffing NCAA
i hear ya
however i think once monsanto comes back, even if efton isn't eligible, things will get better. that was a true road game and they didn't fold. just my humble opinion

i hear ya
however i think once monsanto comes back, even if efton isn't eligible, things will get better. that was a true road game and they didn't fold. just my humble opinion
Parker needs a little more experience to be part of that mix.

The problem with WFU basketball is we (and I include me in this) have to do a ton of mental gymnastics just to conclude we might be/could be/are almost good. We live 1-2 more good players or less bad plays away from "being good."

Maybe it's that stupid, repetitive Jersey Mike's commercial (which has inexplicably fucked up my vibe; I cannot adequately describe how much I hate it), but it just seems exhausting to hitch your emotional wagon to WFU basketball. ManMan pulled me back in, but I've been slipping ever since. I watched this entire game, had moments of excitement, and moments of boredom and despair. But at the end, I'm just sort of tired.
I think its reasonable, at minimum, to say we aren't good until proven otherwise.

We had a great roster in Year 2, and didn't get it done. Not sure why that would happen now with a less-talented roster and no big recruiting wins. It seems like every time we have a chance for a big win or to break through, it hasn't happened.

I think we probably win that game if Cam and Hunter are healthy. Pure speculation, but neither was on their game, and Cam wasn't his normal bull in a china shop down the lane. Hunter was off as well.

I think we probably win that game if Cam and Hunter are healthy. Pure speculation, but neither was on their game, and Cam wasn't his normal bull in a china shop down the lane. Hunter was off as well.
Both had been injured earlier in the week. Neither was in great shape for the game. They played like it. As go those two, so goes Wake this year. NCAA basketball is a guards game. Cam and Hunter are Wakes two best guards.

I think its reasonable, at minimum, to say we aren't good until proven otherwise.

We had a great roster in Year 2, and didn't get it done. Not sure why that would happen now with a less-talented roster and no big recruiting wins. It seems like every time we have a chance for a big win or to break through, it hasn't happened.
I might be just looking for reasons to be optimistic here, but is Boopie not considered a big recruiting win?

I believe Cam was held out of practice due to an ankle injury. Hunter has been dealing with one.

@Donkey Deac Doug any thoughts on the disappointing slippery glove love and underwhelming ball play in deacon homes this fall?
@deaconson
Yes. This isn't t-ball. If these sports boards chodes don't stop teeing up this content like they play in Miracle League, then I'm going to have to cum to the conclusion they are doing it intentionally. Continually pitching softballs would mean that they are coming on to me, and I don't fuck on the first date. If they want anal, then Imma need to see a ring.

Back